Wednesday, October 15, 2008

We're taking bets that communication is key to being a functioning adult...

Our young people are in a lot of trouble. They do not know how to communicate with each other or anyone else for that matter. The biggest problem is they are not taught by their parents how to communicate. Their parents communicate for them all throughout their grade school years and even when they get to college. It has to stop.

We need to be a society of communicators. We cannot accept the fact that both of our candidates for president do not tell us exactly what they want to do. Technology has given us a new way to communicate, but is getting rid of face to face contact. We can solve all of our problems through communication, but no one knows how. There needs to be a national movement. I just hope we are not too late.

4 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

I think that you are 100% correct in this matter. I see it in my cousins and am sad that the only way we talk is via facebook or text message.

The trouble with parents I think, is that they truly believe they are helping their children by sheltering them. Which obviously, is not the case.

I'm sorry to see this post though-because that no doubt means you're frustrated with stupid parents. :(

By the way: When given the choice between whiskey or good beer, which do you choose?

GMadrid said...

whiskey

Maggie Moo said...

I thought so. Thank you for answering my question. Good day.

Tom said...

So I had a major flood in my building last week, and one girl caused it by pulling the sprinkler head off in her closet, but her father had to call me, my supervisor, her supervisor, the associate director of facilities and my hall manager to discuss that her daughter was upset and not adjusting well since they were cleaning her room and she wasn't able to hang up her clothes while they were REPLACING THE DRYWALL IN THE CLOSET AFTER SHE PUT 4 INCHES OF WATER INTO 13 OF MY ROOMS!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain, and totally understand where you are coming from. I am dreading parents weekend when all of the parents come to me with the problems that their sons and daughters have not talked about for 2 months.

I just tried to call you, but you were not in your office. Hopefully I can touch base with you soon.