Friday, July 08, 2011

We're taking bets that some things hit you harder than others...

There is a lot of drama going on in the sports world today. The NFL and NBA are locked out, it's a year after Lebron's "Decision, and baseball is exciting with teams like the Pirates and Indians playing well. What really affected me the most is the tragedy at the Texas Rangers game last night. A man fell about 20 feet and eventually died because of head injuries. He was a 39 year old firefighter and father of a six year old boy named Cooper. I think this tragedy has hit me hard because Cooper was at the game with his dad. Just like millions of other kids going to the ball game with their father like I did when I was seven years old with my Dad. It is a horrible tragedy just like all accidents usually are and makes me again see some perspective in my life. As bad as things seem to be it could be worse and I need to continue to consider myself lucky. I know tonight I will be praying for Cooper and his family as they deal with this and thanking God for blessing me so far in my life.

No comments: