Friday, April 07, 2006

We're taking bets that Da Vinci is happy with the outcome...

Here are a couple of observations I have had over the past few days...

* Being sick is not a bad thing because you can catch up on sleep and TiVo. The only thing I could do without is the lethargy and the sinus pressure. I think it would be great if there was an illness where you could not go out for a couple of days because you were contagious, but there was no pain involved.

* Inside Man is a must see movie. Denzel Washington and Clive Owen are absolutely fantastic actors. The story is great and keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering exactly what is going to happen next. I think that Spike Lee might have found a way to make great movies again. All he needs to do is make one movie like this every other year and he can make his message movies in the opposite years.

* Dan Brown won his case where he was called a copycat. Now The Da Vinci Code" can continue to be the book most people say they last read without feeling like they are reading a thief. It also means that the movie with Tom Hanks will go on as scheduled. I think that it will become one of the the top ten blockbusters of all time. The story is that good and Paul Bettany looks so creepy as the albino that it has to be a great movie.

* Having worked facilities management this story makes me smile. My favorite line was about the emergency toilets that could be flushed later. Wasn't every toilet an emergency toilet that could be flushed later or did they designate some as brown only and others as yellow only? I guy has to wonder. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st. Catch up on sleep? Oook. Riiight.

2nd. I clicked on the DaVinci code link and read the article. I got down to the part where it says "Both books explore theories that Jesus married Mary Magdalene..."

Next to it there was a picture of John Travolta standing next to a big grey mouse.

I know it was for another article, but the placement was classic.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »