Monday, November 03, 2008

We're taking bets that chipmunks are actually pretty cute...

It is official. I would like to have two or three chipmunks as pets.  While I know these are not domesticated animals and they don't sing like Alvin I think they would be fun to have around.  I have seen a number of them the last few weeks. Each of them were scurrying around looking for food to store in their huge cheeks.  They are pretty. How many things actually scurry and look cute doing it?  They are at the top of the rodent chain. I think that movies like Alvin and the Chipmunks have shown that they are just waiting to be an integral part of our human society. You can bet that they will be a benefit to everyone and not bring hate but love to us. I hope one day a chipmunk named Chip and I can be friends. Of course he will have a buddy named Dale and hilarity will ensue. Oh to dream a happy dream.
 

4 comments:

Tom said...

Good to have you back. It's been a while, but I know you have been busy with other stuff.

Maggie Moo said...

Yeah....and I'M the weird one?

(They are super cute though)

And I echo Tom...good to have you back. Missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Greg, do you remember the black squirrels? There were only a couple in Springfield when we were there, but they are taking over. The black squirrels have migrated to Amherst too. I think that gray squirrels will be in the minority in less then a life time. Sorry for the digression, but your chipmunk pets made me think about these mutant rodents.

Maggie Moo said...

Liz I went to Westfield State in 1994 and we had black squirrels too! Which, I guess, makes sense location-wise...

I just got excited when I saw your comment. :)