Wednesday, April 06, 2011

We're taking bets that music is fun...

Here is my thoughts on tonight's American Idol. I was perfect in choosing my bottom three and I hope I am right this week too.
Jacob Luck
Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson
- While I would have loved his version of Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" he did a great job. He was truly feeling the music and he is probably going to be top five at least.

Haley Reinhart
Little Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin
- She definitely has the voice for it. While I don't think she was as great as Pink's version, she was excellent. I think she has surprised some people and might be jumping ahead of some of the rest.

Casey Abrams
Have You Ever Seen the Rain by CCR
- I wasn't super impressed. I think he was really cool with the stand-up bass, but this week he might not have done as well as he could have.

Lauren Alaina
Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin
- She did a good job, but so many other Idol contestants killed it. She just didn't do it as well as some others have. I think she might be in the bottom three.

James Durbin
While My Guitar Gently Weeps by the Beatles
- He is officially the front runner in my book. He was awesome in a song that showed he is not just a hard rocker. I get more impressed every single week.

Scott McCreery
That's Alright Mama by Elvis Presley
- This was probably Scott's worst performance in my book, but everyone loved him. I know he is going to be in the top three. The girls absolutely love him.

Pia Toscano
River Deep, Mountain High by Tina Turner
- She absolutely incredible. She can sing. I cannot wait until she puts out her first album because it will be amazing. I am not sure she is going to win, because Idol seems to be skewed towards the men. She is definitely in the Top three though.

Stefano Langone
When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge
- I think that he did alright, but I think he is going to be in the bottom three. There was nothing memorable about it. The girls love him though. So we will see.

Paul McDonald
Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash
- I really liked his performance and think he is going to have a great career, but he is not going to succeed at American Idol past this week. I think if he write great songs like Ray Lamontagne he will be awesome someday.

I think that Stefano, Lauren and Paul are going to be in the bottom three. Paul is probably going home this week. We will see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

mrpaul said...

i would like to see scott win it all

but if not scott, then jacob