Tuesday, May 03, 2011

We're taking bets that I am a good reader...

So here are the books I have read over the last 6 weeks. I hope you enjoy my reviews. I am back to blogging. Back to having my opinion heard again.

Race Matters by Cornell West
* What a great book on race relations. Cornell West is an extremely interesting man and I think I would of loved to have been a student of his. If you are interested in diversity specifically pertaining towards race then you should read this book.

The Last Apprentice: The Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney
* The second book of the Last Apprentice series. They are very entertaining and the villain in this book is quite interesting. If you have kids 10 to 13 they will probably like this series.

Keep Going: The Art of Perserverance by Joseph M. Marshall III
* A nice book on keeping your chin up when things knock you down. Told through the tales of Native Americans it is a great read about leadership.

DIY U by Anya Kamenetz
* This is a must read for anyone in higher education today. It discusses the history of higher education as it relates to today. It is amazing how quickly education is changing and how different college life will be in the next 25 to 30 years.

Bossypants by Tina Fey
* What a great book!!! I could not put this book down. Very funny from beginning to end with some great inside stories about SNL, 30 Rock and Tina Fey's childhood. I would recommend this to anyone especially working mothers.

Fair Ball by Bob Costas
* One of my favorite sportscasters of all time. He knows his baseball better than just about anyone this side of Peter Gammons. The book is a little dated, but it is amazing to read his insight.

No comments: