Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WTBT Volume 31 Series 2008...

We're taking bets that...

* whining really does accomplish anything good.
* the Olympics have ruined any type of sleep I may have wanted the last few weeks.
* it stinks that the new Harry Potter movie is now 9 months away.
* Shawn Johnson was finally tall enough on the medal stand for the Americans.
* sometimes you do not mess with a cow and her apples.
* Michael Phelps is awesome and will probably never be matched in our lifetime.
* Tropic Thunder was an incredibly funny, but very offensive movie.
* I appreciate helping Homeless Children, but summer camp really doesn't seem like it would do the trick.
* when entitlement manifests itself in crazy talk someone needs to step up and say something.
* I work with some of the best colleagues a person could ever ask for.
* you have to respect Christina Applegate's courage about being so open regarding her cancer.
* I am fully supportive of this debate about alcohol and the drinking age.
* the Patriots could be in trouble without Tom Brady.
* McCain and Obama better pick their VP candidates soon.

3 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

Seriously-the Olympics have ruined my sleep too. I just can't pull myself away!

Sure, camp doesn't solve the homelessness problem-but they're kids. Kids on the street have to grow up way too fast-having something "normal" that allows them to have fun without worrying about life isn't such a bad idea.

You've added onto this post I see since I read it this morning.

And last but not least-Yay! for Greg having a post! I miss them. :)

Tom said...

Welcome back, hopefully you are surviving your opening madness.

I was just thinking that about McCain and Obama today.

And fun fact, Shawn Johnson is only 4'9", which makes her very short.

Anonymous said...

i too have not slept nearly as well as i would normally like due to the Olympics

here's a new fun fact about Shawn Johnson: She is he cutest on any Olympic team regardless of her age and height and that is a scientifically proven fact (in tests done by my brain).

Michael Phelps is awesome but it is also true that most other Olympians do no have the opportunity in their sport to win more than one medal making "# of medals" a poor statistic to compare on.

i to am in support of the drinking age debate...