Saturday, December 20, 2008

We're taking bets that TV is good again...

It is time for my Top Twenty TV shows of 2008. They have changed quite a bit from 2007 and 2006.
Hopefully at some point 24 will actually make it back to the list. I just hope there is not another strike.

Honorable Mention: Deadliest Catch; America's Toughest Jobs; Fringe; Scrubs, Friday Night Lights, SNL, Life on Mars, 24: Redemption

20. Pushing Daisies - It had a rough return from the strike, but had really come into its own and I hope somehow it can be saved.
19. Eli Stone - ABC could you please stop putting on shows that I enjoy with characters that I like and then not give them enough time to grow. You kept According to Jim on for years!!!
18. My Name is Earl - Still a great show that has some of the best laugh out loud moments.
17. Battlestar Galactica - I cannot wait for the last few episodes. What happened to Earth?
16. Heroes - It really has lost something. I still enjoy it, but I really hope that it can make a comeback with this next chapter.
15. CSI - Still compelling television, but losing Warrick and Grissom will be really tough. Laurence Fisherburne might be okay.
14. CSI Miami - Horatio isn't dead because much like Chuck Norris nothing hurts Horatio Caine.
13. Top Chef - It just keeps getting better. I love Fab and the Rainbow group this year.
12. The Daily Show with John Stewart - Election coverage was super awesome. You cannot beat a John Stewart interview.
11. Sanctuary - This Sci-Fi show just keeps getting better. Last week's episode was incredible especially from a TV reporter point of view.
10. The Mentalist - Great new show with a lot of humor and good cases to solve. Plus Simon Baker is a looker. :)
9. House - #13 is just one of the great reasons to watch this always entertaining show. Miracle birth anyone? 
8. NCIS - What a great show!!  It is so much fun and it starts each new scene in a really cool way.
7. 30 Rock - I know it is the Emmy winner, but it still isn't the funniest show on TV to me. Gotta love Kenneth though.
6. How I Met Your Mother - Who the hell is the mother? What is with the goat?  Consistently funny.
5. Life - This might be the best show people are not watching.  Who shot Crews? What is going on with Reese?  I think I am going to become a little zen.
4. The Office - Some weeks it is the best show on television.  Too much weird stuff with Angela and Dwight.  Can't Dwight just be himself every week?
3. Chuck - Nerdy spy with a super hot handler.  Fun situations every week and character that are really funny.
2. Big Bang Theory - If you are not watching this show you are wasting your Monday nights. It is absolutely hysterical every single week.
1. LOST - Holy Crap I cannot wait for this show to start again.  Going back to the island. Maybe back in time. How will they get there. What is going to happen? Who knows, but I will be there on January 21st!!!

2 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

I am also super psyched about LOST & if I have a job soon I'm planning on trying to get a LOST party started. And I love, love, LOVE the Big Bang Theory. OMG, it's hysterical.

Good list!

Anonymous said...

Boy have I missed commenting on you blog, its almost like talking to you!
I think you should also extend honorable mentions to Gary Unmarried that Jay Mohr is quite funny and come on how can you go wrong with Ed Beagly Jr.
Simon Baker, Oh yes, I'd let him show me Something New ;)..get it...Something New HAHAHAHAHA
My Name is Earl has lost some of its funny, How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory have brought monday nights back to life and I really enjoy the post Roseanne David and Darlene episodes. Chuck, never thought I would willingly watch a show like that but I really really like it!
Some of these other shows..no friggin' clue, but thats why you're the blogger!
I think you should do some blogs on top shows of the 90s
Here are some of my lists for 2007 for fun:
"Reality" Shows:
3) The Hills (don't judge me)
2) Top Chef (mmmmm, Tom)
1) So you Think You Can Dance
Sitcom/Comedy
3)How I Met Your Mother
2)Everybody Hates Chris
1)The Office
Hour Dramady
3)CSI (the original)
2)Law & Order (with Chris Noth)
1)Fringe ( I can't help it, I love Pacey)
TLC (yup, it gets its own list)
3)The Tree Man (So creepy and facinating
2)I eat 35000 calories a Day (Holy WHAT...HOW)
1)17 and Counting (Holy What...HOW)

Thanks that was fun
Happy Merry Christmahanakwanzaka