Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We're taking bets that this was a great year for TV...

Here is my top 20 list of TV shows for 2006. I need to have 20 because it was a great year for TV. ( Honorable mentions: Battlestar Galactica (I haven't watched it, but Ian raves and that is good enough for me), The Class (It makes me laugh every week) House (I am really starting to like this show) Veronica Mars (A great show that needs to be renewed for another year.)

20. Grey's Anatomy - It is getting a little campy, but it still has McDreamy and Katherine Heigl is a hottie.
19. 30 Rock - This show started very slow, but Alec Baldwin and the Page Kenny are hysterical.
18. Numbers - Another fun pleasure.
17. Las Vegas - I know it is stupid television, but it is consistently enjoyable.
16. My Name is Earl - Jason Lee is consistently funny and you have to love Jamie Priestley and her redneckedness. :)
15. The Sopranos - A great start to the end of this show. I cannot wait to see how it ends.
14. West Wing - It ended on such a high note. I wanted to see President Jimmy Smits.
13. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - Sorkin is slowly finding his groove and this will be one of the top shows in a couple years.
12. Deadwood - How is it that this show will no longer be on TV?
11. CSI - Sadly this season I don't get to watch it enough, but it still is one of the top shows on TV.
10. Project Runway - Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum continue to deliver some great reality TV.
9. How I Met Your Mother - A wonderful sitcom that has resurrected the career of Doogie Howser.
8. Friday Night Lights - This is a wonderful show that has some great compelling characters and stories.
7. Heroes - The surprise of the fall and it is now going to compete with 24. I need two TiVo's for this.
6. Scrubs - Zach Braff says this might be their last season. I hope not.
5. CSI: Miami - David Caruso may be the new William Shatner of overacting, but they have wonderful storylines.
4. Boston Legal - Part comedy, part drama, all genious. If you don't watch this show you should ever single week. Some of the best writing and acting on television.
3. LOST - It may have not been a great start to the season, but overall this show delivers.
2. The Office - This show continually delivers the laughs.
1. 24 - Kiefer and saving the world. You cannot beat that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered Friday Night Lights tonight during a marathon. Why is it that you never told me about this show before?

It's really good.

Nice list. But I still can't look at Kiefer. He's got such ugly feet.

Anonymous said...

Cheers to your number one. P.S. - I love the new promos for next season of "24":

"America does not negotiate with terrorists. Neither does Jack Bauer".

On a side note, for a good laugh check out this "If Jack Bauer Ran a Starbucks": http://www.tombridge.com/rta/2005/01/if_jack_bauer_r.html

Anonymous said...

The end of that should be:

/if_jack_bauer_r.html

Anonymous said...

You don't need two Tivo's, I'll tape 24 since its on during our staff meetings, or we can move our staff meetings to 10:05.

death commish said...

Just a couple of notes...

1)Grey's Anatomy? Project Runway? Friday Night Lights? Greg...I didn't realize you were a woman.

2)CSI Miami ahead of CSI? C'mon now...the original is always better.

3)How could you forget House, Prison Break, Entourage, Rescue Me, The Shield?

4) Lost at #3? Best show on TV except...

Well, at least you got "24" right. Jack kicks ass.

Nai said...

Greg, great lists so far.

My TV and Movie Lists are up on my site. You can check them out at http://nai71.blogspot.com/

(Shameless self promotion!)

Ian