Saturday, September 05, 2009

We're taking bets that I give a Hout...

If you are into sports at all you have probably heard about LeGarrette Blount of the University of Oregon punching Bryon Hout. The clip is below if you missed it. After that he tried to fight some fans who were taunting him. Blount was suspended for the entire season for his actions and I believe rightfully so. What has not been talked about is the fact that Hout taunted him and deserves some punishment as well. I don't believe it should be as severe, but his actions led to the actions of another. If LeGarrette didn't go all Kiefer Sutherland on him it probably wouldn't have even been noticed.

Here is how I view Hout: He is clearly the guy that is always in the other teams face, saying stupid things and pissing everyone off. Then when the other team says something or pushes him he says, "What? I didn't do anything." or he fakes falling down. If he was on my team I would want to punch him in the face like LeGarrette did. There is no room in sports for sore winners or idiots after the game is over. Trash talking is one thing, but taunting is another. I hope that Boise State wises up and at least suspends Bryon a game suspension for his part in the incident.

* I bet most of you thought I spelled Hout wrong.

No comments: