Thursday, July 05, 2007

We're taking bets that it is never too late...

Hello WTBT readers!! I hope all of my American readers enjoyed the Fourth of July. (To be honest I don't think I have many international readers.) I do believe that a Wednesday holiday is kind of a waste. It gets you excited, but at the same time is over quickly and you have to go back to work. I have a few questions for everyone. I hope that you all enjoy. Invite others. Have fun!!!

A. List three things you regret not learning to do. Why?

B. What is one thing you know how to do that you wish you never learned?

C. How come we laugh at funny looking people with our friends even though we know it is wrong and mean?

Answers:

A. First, driving a standard. It has limited my driving abilities a few times in my life. Second, learning to truly play piano. I know some very basics, but it would be cool to step up to a piano at any place and make people happy with music. Lastly I always wished I learned more about cars. With all of the money I have doled out for repairs it would have been nice to do some of them myself.

B. I wish I had never learned how to enjoy bad food. Although I love the taste I wish I had a learned about the negatives of this food when I was a child and did not love it so.

C. I think it is because we are uncomfortable and laughter makes it okay. I saw a child who looked like a shaved gorillla the other day and I restrained so hard to laugh and make comments. I think that overall it is only okay if we do it in private and not to tease/bully that person.

5 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

A. Learning to sing better, changing my own oil, and basic carpentry. The first because it would be nice to have that skill, it would help me to not feel like an idiot singing in front of others. The latter two because yes, even though I'm married and my husband could quite easily do both of these things it would be nice to have those skills. What if I had never gotten married? I'd be that annoying female neighbor that asks the guy next door to do everything for her because she can't.

B. How to enjoy expensive coffee. If I ever became addicted to Starbucks, which is super yummy, there would be a huge issue.

C. I think because sometimes we, as humans, find things funny that are wrong and mean. Even when you're by yourself it's hard not to laugh at "funny-looking people". It doesn't make it right, and good people often find themselves feeling guilty afterwards. The best we can do is try to not laugh, and encourage others to do the same. It's not the people's faults that they're funny looking.

Well... most of the time. If you get a mullet haircut... that's your own fault.

Maggie Moo said...

A. I regret not learning how to manage my money better when I was younger. I also regret not learning how to play the piano. I chose flute and though I was excellent at it and loved it to death, I don't play anymore. I think I would still play piano though. Third...I regret not learning to how socialize properly in high school. I was a loner with the exception of a few friends, and I think that it gave me a slow start on friendships.

B. This is a tough one. I guess maybe I wish I never learned to like shoes as much as I do because I've got boat loads and they cost lots of money.

C. I never laugh at funny looking people. God. That's so wrong. ;)

Seriously though, I think you hit the nail right on the head with your answers.

GMadrid said...

Danielle - Love the mullet comment. Classic.

Lisa - You never really see someone bust out the flute to jam with people at a party. :)

Maggie Moo said...

You're obviously going to the wrong parties.

Michelle King said...

Am I one of the few non-American readers who pops up on your page?

A. I would have loved to learn to play acoustic guitar (and still hope to one day) because I love to sing and I think it would be nice to play at the same time. Plus, it would be great for around the campfire on trips.

B. I wish I had never learned to sit down on the couch and vege in front of the TV. It makes it very hard to get myself to go to the gym when I get comfy.

C. You never know what will strike people as funny and it's the associations we make that conjure up the laughter. "Shaved gorilla"??? How can you not laugh? As long as you are not being cruel about it (and have the good manners to be subtle), it's a natural response.