Thursday, July 12, 2007

We're taking bets that nostaglia is cool...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that everyone is doing well. I have been very busy and have not had time to do a lot of post. I apologize and hope I can be back with a vengeance soon. I have a few questions for everyone. I hope you enjoy them. Have a great day.

A. If it was cool for adults to have lunchboxes what would be on yours?

B. If you could have an old movie poster hanging in your house what would it be and why? (A movie before 2000)

C. If there were no negative consequences to you at all but no doing one of these things would result in your demise would you rather steal candy from a baby, knock over an elderly man who uses a cane or walk up to another adult and just punch them in the face? (No one would get seriously hurt)

Answers:

A. Well part of me would really like Transformers since it was such an awesome movie, but I think I would really have LOST. It would be a picture of the island with the entire cast around it.

B. I would have an original Say Anything poster with John Cusak holding the radio above his head. Very cool and meaningful to me.

C. I would take candy from a baby no question because they probably would not remember later in life or even later that day.

7 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

A. Actually... here's how big of a dork I am. As an adult (23 years old) I DID have a lunch box. I had a Green Eggs and Ham lunch box. I did it because I worked in a sheet metal shop and I needed SOMETHING to make me giggle during the day. However, it was aluminum and not very big (big enough for a soda, sammich, and chips). If you mean one of those old-school plastic ones with the thermos... I would totally get a Rainbow Bright lunchbox.

B. I would have an "Aladdin" poster because it's both Steve's and my favorite Disney movie. I can recite it from start to finish (when the movie's on... I used to be able to do it with it off).

C. I would not have the heart to do ANY of those things, but since I have to pick one I guess I would punch another adult in the face. Preferably one I didn't know and who I saw at random so that I never have to see them again. But really I wouldn't do any of them. :)

Tom said...

1. I would definately have a pirate on my lunch box. Since I am part Pirate, it only seems fitting.

2. Swingers, not only is it one of Vince Vaughn's funniest movies, but it also parallels my life at some points.

3. I would totally punch an adult in the face. I have never been in a fight, but I always wanted to know if I could hold my own if forced to. I think I could.

Maggie Moo said...

Hi Greg! Good questions this week!

A. It's not cool for adults to have lunchboxes? Uh oh. ;) Ok. I would choose...Strawberry Shortcake.

B. It would be any classic Disney Movie...animated. When I worked there I would walk the halls of the animation building sometimes and just marvel at the drawings-the beginnings of a movie all the way to what it becomes...magical.

C. Do I even have to answer this? Without a doubt-the pi-oh. I just re-read it. I thought it said PINCH someone's face. I would be all over that. LOL...I would still pick this one. I'd punch 'em.

Kimberly Pye said...

A. I do have a plastic lunch box, but I don't use it all that much. It has panda bears on it, and it's from a zoo - either Franklin Park or the National Zoo; I don't remember.

B. I would have a poster of The Edge because it's probably my favorite movie of all time. And when people ask about it, I'll let them borrow my copy. :-)

C. I would steal candy from a baby. Babies shouldn't eat candy. That's bad parenting!

P.S. Danielle sent me here. She gave you quite the plug!

GMadrid said...

Danielle - Thanks for the plug. The thermos was wicked cool.

Tom - You are money!

Lisa - Any animated Disney movie? Even The Black Cauldron? Suspect.

Kimberly - Thanks for the visit. Good to have new readers.

Carrie said...

A. I have two lunchboxes. One has Care Bears, and I have brought it to work :D The other has Sailor Moon :)

B. The Princess Bride. It just.. rules.

C. I would so just randomly punch someone. I'm chuckling just thinking about it :D

Anonymous said...

1. My lunch box would say "This box is empty because I am an unemployed graduate student." Then I'd leave it open while I played guitar on the sidewalk or something. Ha ha. (Seriously, send me money... someone)

2. Bill and Ted's - Excellent!

3. Punch some dude in the face. I'd probably let him punch me back though.