Thursday, February 10, 2011

We're taking bets that Mubarak will fair alright...

Here are a few observations I have over the last few days or so. I hope you enjoy.

* Hosni Mubarak is going to be leaving Egypt with a ton of money. He is 82 years old and probably will be stricken with a very painful cancer in the next few years. (Mainly because I believe in karma) I am surprised that Hosni didn't realize that once he tried to have democratic elections then rigged them that he was not going to have a happy ending. When has rigging a democratic election ever worked out in the long run. I mean even JFK was assassinated. (If you believe the Chicago Mob and Frank Sinatra helped him win.) Someday people will actually study history so they don't repeat it, but until then things like this will continue to happen. Thankfully I think that the Egyptians will be better off for the next 50 years. Only time will tell.

* I am very dismayed at the fact that Jerry Sloan is resigning/being forced out as the coach of the Utah Jazz. He has been a great coach and probably the greatest coach to never win a championship. The problem I have is that players completely control the game and if your star doesn't get along with the coach than the coach is out. We used to respect our coaches. It seems like that has completely gone out the window. Now I do agree that coaches can get out of touch with their player and Jerry is 68, but all he has done is get his team to the playoffs every year. He made the playoffs 20 out of 23 years with Utah and won the division seven times. This should be a sad day for Utah because they will never have a better coach.

* I know that we don't necessarily think that our politicians have a lot of common sense, but can you believe the Craigslist guy? How could he have thought this was a good idea and he would not get found out? You have to love his flexing picture. We live in an age where there is a good chance if you fart in church it is going to be national news. I would love for us to have a year where no congressman or congresswoman has a scandal that causes more embarrassment to our government. Is that possible? Probably not, but you could say I'm a dreamer.

* I know everyone has seen the Darth Vader commercial by now, but here is a little bonus that makes the commercial even better. This kid could not get any cooler or cuter in my book. I hope you enjoy it.


No comments: