Friday, February 04, 2011

We're taking bets that pot heads are the smartest people I know...

Here are a few observations I have had over the past few days. I hope that you enjoy them.

* I know a lot of people support the use of marijuana and think it should be legalized. I am not one of those people because I have seen the damage it can cause. Now I will agree that typically when dealing with pot heads you do not have to deal with a lot of violence that you do with drunks, but I don't think that makes it okay. Every time I hear that pot is not so bad I look at stories like Robert Michelson in Farmington, CT. He called 911 to ask what kind of trouble he would get in for growing marijuana. Predictably he was arrested and charge with various crimes. People who are not smoking pot do not do things like this. At the very least the one thing I think pot gives us is great stories to tell from the people who deal with pot heads and other various pot people. Now I will get off my high horse.

* I think that Mother Nature really wants the Super Bowl to be in a cold weather stadium. She is doing her best to freeze everyone in North Texas with ice and snow. I know that they will close the roof and it will be an indoor game, but maybe it would be good for the teams to weather the elements. I think that the Super Bowl XLVIII in Jersey will be all kinds of awesome in 2014. Just stay away from the sides of the stadium as there probably will be some falling ice.

* Can more people please watch Detroit 1-8-7 or at the very least TiVo it? It is an excellent show with perhaps on of the best TV actors around in Michael Imperioli. He is Awesome times 1,000. The more you learn about his past the more you like and dislike the guy. The show is actually filmed in Detroit and it is helping the economy there. Michigan has had enough bad luck with the Lions, Michigan football and basketball and the fact that Chris Rader no longer lives there. It has to catch a break at sometime.

* I need someone to explain to me why San Diego State University is not good in every sport it plays. This year they are finally getting some recognition in basketball, but shouldn't this school be at the top of everyone's list. It has a beautiful campus in one of the best cities in the world. You cannot get much better weather than San Diego. Recruits from all sports should be begging to go there. I am just shocked it has not become a national power in every sport yet. Tony Gwynn knew what he was doing when he went to school there.

* Facebook turns seven years old today. It is amazing that the company is now worth $63 billion. I remember telling my classmates in Current Events in Higher Education in April 2005 that they should pay attention to Facebook and most people didn't know what I was talking about and thought I was crazy. Now just about every college student uses FB at least once a day if not much much more. I for one am glad FB is around and hope it is around for a long long time. So Happy Birthday Facebook. Your teenage years will be here before you konw it.

No comments: