Wednesday, February 23, 2005

We're taking bets that $100 just isn't worth it...

So the University of Michigan is offering $100 to students that can keep their rooms clean and presentable. Do they think that $100 is really enough for most students? I think that there are probably 10% of the students that do that already so I guess it is a bonus for them.

The "normal" resident student (especially males - yes it is a stereotype, but almost 100% accurate) does not keep their room that clean. Sometimes women are even more disgusting than men. Which really grosses me out when a women is dirtier than a guy. You could give most people $1,000 and they might clean their rooms for the University, but they probably would forget and be drunk when they knocked on their door to show prospective students.

This just leads to colleges and universities to being more and more like parents. It is really crazy. Colleges are where people are supposed to grow and mature, but we keep babying them at every step. I am very disappointed in the University of Michigan, because they have now become a rich parent who has to bribe their children to do things they want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I'm talking about (check previous posts) Instead of giving out money that was collected from fees, lessen that amount and Fine residents that don't keep their rooms clean. (like a FHS here at Lowell) Schools are just wasting money. Put the money collected from dirty students into programming or supporting one of those more lucrative wants the students crave. There's no need to pay out.

If I keep my room clean at home I highly doubt my dad is going to come in with a C-Note :O) He'd probably be like "that's nice, clean the bathroom while your at it"