Thursday, February 24, 2005

We're taking bets that cellphone commercials are creepy...

Because I have been travelling a lot I have heard a lot of commercials on the radio. I know most of you are saying to yourselves that Greg doesn't really have the patience to listen to commercials on the radio. I actually do. There are numerous ones that are very unique, but the worst ones are the cell phone commercials. They are downright creepy.

I heard a commercial today for Cingular where a guy is complaining because he only talks to his mother twice a day now that she can talk to 48 million people for free. Excuse me what?!? Twice a day to his mother. I know I don't have a conventional relationship with my mother, but if I was talking to her twice a day on the phone I might kill myself. This guy has some serious womb-in issues and needs some help.

There is also the a commercial with the Sprint guy. The teenagers are telling each other that they will IM each other when they get home. The Sprint guy tells them that they don't need to go home to IM with their friends they can do it from their phone. So either way they will be IMing is there really a need for that? By the way what the heck is up with that guy's bus? I think it was better when he was going into a person's house and clearing up confusion even though no one asked him for help.

Then there Verizon commercial on TV where the daughter keeps talking to her hand because her parents haven't gotten her a cell phone yet. She is in her own house... Do they not have a regular phone? This girl even Does this mean that all of our teenagers need to have cell phones so that they can IM each other or interrupt their teachers and learn less than they are getting? My parents would have put me through a wall if I was begging for a cell phone. Heck I got in trouble for yelling out my window to someone.

It has gotten out of hand. This is why I am going to stay in the stone age and not get a cell phone. Although thousands of people keep pushing me to get one, (Even my mother) I am going to hold out. At least until someone invents a commercial as funny as the VW Jon Victorine commercial . :) It is called "Cornering" and I think Vic could be that guy.