Thursday, December 22, 2005

We're taking bets that you've gotten a bad gift...

It is Thursday Question time at WTBT!!! Only 3 more days until Christmas and Chanukkah. (I think this word has a million spellings) I hope everyone has a great weekend. Please post your answers in the comments section. Remember you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question if you don't want to. Invite others to answer. Have a great day everyone.

A. What is the worst gift you have ever received?

B. You can bring one fictional character to life. Whom would you choose?

C. If you had to go into the witness protection program and you got to choose your own name what would you choose and why?

Answers:

A. My grandmother, God rest her soul, knitted me an awful sweater one year. It was a brown cardigan that had an enormous horse on the left side. I was 12 and forced to wear it for her. It truly was awful although it was very warm.

B. I would bring Fozie Bear to life because he would always be ready with a joke and I think he would be fun to have around. Although the jokes may not be great he would try valiantly. I also could then use my Kermit the Frog impression everytime he came around and I think that would be fun.

C. James Montevideo. I have always like the name James as I could be a Jim or a Jimmy. I would also like to keep with the country capital theme and I think Uruguay's is very unique. It is also very fun to say. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A.The worst gift I ever received was a purpley blue velour mock turtleneck sweater dress. I was 20 and lived in Florida. Awful on so many levels...

B. Aladin. He's tall, dark and handsome and has just enough boyish charm. This is assuming that he'd be loyal to only me because I brought him to life and showed him a whole new world.

C. I would choose Sophia Chardonnay. Sophia is pretty and I think a little mysterious and Chardonnay is just fun. It's also a low maintenance grape that adapts well to many climates..kinda like me.

And you are so not a Jimmy.

P McT said...

Go ahead Lisa...showing Aladin a whole new world, you just took Disney to a level I never thought it could be taken to!

1) Try to top this...my grandmother gave me a scale for christmas when I was 12..."so I could see how much weight I would lose in the new year"...TELL ME THAT AINT A MESS!

2) GEM, then I might be a rockstar to!

3) I would go with something like Jennifer Smith because thats a common name and a counter to my name with not to common and I would ONLY have a first and last name.

Anonymous said...

A. Grammy Kathy gave me days of the week underpants... which is cute when you're six... BUT IT WAS WHEN I WAS SIXTEEN!!!!

B. Staying the the Aladdin theme... The Genie! "You ain't never *BOOM!* had a *BOOM* frieeeeeend liiiiiiike meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

C. I'm not telling you because then if I ever witness a mafioso murder, you'll know exactly who "Francesca Donatella Distefano" is... D'oh!!

Anonymous said...

A. What is the worst gift you have ever received?

B. You can bring one fictional character to life. Whom would you choose?

C. If you had to go into the witness protection program and you got to choose your own name what would you choose and why?

A. Cash-- Honestly, I feel weird getting cash as a gift. It's a pet peeve. If the person doesn't know me well enough to get me something they know I will appreciate then they shouldn't give me anything at all. (BTW, dunkin donuts gift cards are THE BEST EVER! I'm so glad there is a DnD 300 feet from my house.)
B. Lisa Simpson, she is cool. I bet we would be friends.
C. Phyllis Armstrong