Thursday, January 25, 2007

We're taking bets that the Old West was cool...

Hey WTBT Readers!!! I hope that winter is treating you well. We have some single digit weather here in CT. Stay warm!!! I have a few fun questions for everyone. Please ask others to answer and remember you can be anonymous. Put your answers in the comments section and have fun.

A. If you lived in the Old West what do you think your occupation would have been?

B. What about the Old West do you wish was still happening today?

C. Regardless if you think you have a good voice what song would you sing for an American Idol audition?

Answers:

A. I think that I would have been a bartender. I enjoy hearing other people's stories and make pretty good drinks.

B. I wish there was stage coaches. I know it isn't the quickest way to travel, but you would definitely get to appreciate the US more and all of it's wonderful sites.

C. I think that I would sing Go Tell It On A Mountain. It is a fun and joyful song that would allow me to put my all into it. Plus Simon could make fun of my song choice.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. I would be a saloon girl with a red and black ruffly dress and I'd sit on top of the piano and sing to all of the drunken patrons. Perhaps you and I would swindle some of them if we worked at the same establishment.

B. Chivalry.

C. I used to audition with a song from Godspell called "By My Side" but I might use "On My Own" from Les Mis instead. Yeah, they're showtunes-shut up GTIOAM boy.

...great that took up 5 minutes. Got anything else to post today? ;)

Anonymous said...

A. I think I would have been the daughter of the General Store owner who worked in the store. I'm not girly enough to be one of those damsel in distress types. :)

B. I wish there were still shoot-outs. You know, someone cheeses you off and you walk 10 paces, turn, and shoot. I think that'd be kind of fun. (OK, so I'm sick. What do you want from me?)

C. I would sing "Me & Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin. :)

On a side note... did you see "Idol" last night??? What was up with that chick at the end????

GMadrid said...

Well Lisa I definitely can picture you conning patrons out of their money. :)

Danielle I think that is a perfect song choice for you. Totally fits. I did not see Idol last night. Friday Night Lights was on and I am a big fan.

Anonymous said...

Nice. First the cake, now this.

It hurts Greg...it really hurts....

Anonymous said...

Oh man... the chick at the end did some weird orgasm thing. All of the judges were completely flabbergasted and didn't know what to say...

GMadrid said...

Too sensitive Lisa. I was just going along with your idea.

I am sure Paula wasn't flabbergasted Danielle as she has done crazier. :)

Anonymous said...

A: I would be the leader of the posse that rides out to get the bad guys.

B: Bar Fights

C: Ain't too proud to beg by the temptations.

Liz said...

A. I would be the town operator...ya know - the one phone in town has to have an operator. That way I would know what was going on in everyone's lives!

B. I am with Danielle...shoot outs. Life was simplier then people took care of their own problems...none of this litigation crap.

C. I have thought about this a lot and still don't have the right song. I like to sing Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn so I am going with that...this is a hypothetical question anyway...I am too old to audition. :-)

Anonymous said...

I was kidding.

GMadrid said...

So was I Lisa. :)