Thursday, January 04, 2007

We're taking bets that it's time for the movies...

Happy New Year everyone!!! Sorry for the delay in posts. I will be coming fast and furious with posts over the next few days so don't you worry. Today is my last list for the best of 2006: Movies. I have seen 51 of the 349 movies released in 2006. I unfortunately missed a couple of good ones like The Queen, The Pursuit of Happyness and Pan's Labyrinth (which techinically is released on January 17th.). Here is my list of the top movies of 2006 as seen by me. :)

Honorable Mention: Friends with Money, Inconvenient Truth, World Trade Center, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and Akeela and the Bee

10. United 93 - Very moving and well done for the first 9/11 movie.
9. Hoodwinked - I got more enjoyment out of this movie than I ever thought possible. It should be a must see for kids and adults alike.
8. The Departed - It took me a while to see this movie and I was greeted with great acting and a ton of violence. I wonder if this is Scorsese's year?
7. Wordplay - Surprise I like a movie about crossword puzzles.
6. Deja Vu - An enjoyable movie, with Denzel showing us why he is one of the greatest actors around..
5. Stranger than Fiction - Will Ferrell continues to surprise as an actor. A great story with a real uplifting ending.
4. V for Vendetta - A great look at a future society that sadly mirrors our own at times.
3. Inside Man - Denzel doing it again with Clive Owen showing us how cool robbers can be.
2. Lucky Number Slevin - Nothing like a Kansas City shuffle.
1. Little Miss Sunshine - A wonderful movie that might not be nominated for any Oscars, but truly made me smile from beginning to end.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...it's Thursday.

And also? Your blog told me I have the Asian flu. That's not nice.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... it is Thursday isn't it...

I haven't seen any of the movies in your top ten. And I'm disappointed to see that PotC 2-DMC is only an Honorable Mention. But that's only because it's the only movie on your list I've seen.

This year I saw that, Invincible, The Nativity Story... some other ones too. But I can't remember them right now. We frequented Chunky's this year.

Anonymous said...

Chunky's is pretty much the most amazing place ever invented... the one around me was changed to "Smitties". the name isnt quite as good but they didnt change anything else, so I'm still happy

Anonymous said...

Seriously... Chunkys - Cheap Movies, good food. You really can't go wrong. :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the dark humor of Little Miss Sunshine. That movie was messed up, very good, but very messed up.

Anonymous said...

If this is what fast and furious is...I'd hate to see slow.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you said what I was thinking. :) I went on a whole vacation and came back fully hoping for an updated Greg-Blog.

No such luck.

(JK Greg - I'm sure you're super busy with training stuff... :) )