Monday, March 19, 2007

WTBT Volume 23 Series 2007...

We're taking bets that...

* it is a sad day when one of your fish dies or has an incurable ailment.
* Cinderella hs not found her slipper in the NCAAs this year.
* the evil plan that cats have about taking over the world is starting to take shape.
* it would be fun to have an attack mode like those cats.
* Ohio State should have lost to Xavier and their run will end before the Final Four.
* Robin from Cheers is not a very convincing doctor on Grey's Anatomy.
* it was great seeing Duke get knocked out in the first round.
* St. Patrick's Day is one of those great holidays to make you smile.
* I think it is because all of the weird greens and buttons that say Kiss Me I'm Irish.
* if you are selling drugs you shouldn't hit your kids because they will probably turn you into the police.
* Kobe Bryant is trying to show he isn't a dirty player by outscoring everyone.
* getting upgraded to first class is exciting if you are not dead.
* YouTube is officially jumped the shark by having its own awards.
* America's Funniest Home Videos should be pissed.
* Steve Nash won himself another MVP award with his performance against Dallas over the weekend.
* you are glad the Iditarod did the right thing and disqualified this bonehead.
* you cannot believe that the Iraq War is already four years old.
* even Alex Trebek has days that he cannot believe.
* coming soon a remake of Weird Al's I Lost on Jeopardy by Akon I Tied on Jeopardy.
* it is amazing to see Tiger Woods actually have a meltdown in the last round of a golf tournament.
* I am glad that my career is finally getting recognized.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny that Alex Trebek is on your post, because my father just told me the other day that he saw him at a restaurant with Paul Newman in Fairfield.

His only comment was that they were wearing jeans. Which I thought was weird, b/c-what does he expect them to be wearing?

GMadrid said...

I do think it is weird Alex Trebek is wearing jeans. Kind of like when you see your teacher or boss in jeans for the first time. It is a little weird. You don't expect them to be in casual clothes.

Danielle said...

Yeah... weird like when you're at the Blue Shamrock with some friends to hear "Static Mind" play, and then you turn around and realize the creepy 50-something guy in the corner is your 6th grade gym teacher...

You mean weird like that...?

GMadrid said...

Definitely Danielle. Weird like that. :)

Danielle said...

Cool. Just wanted to make sure I understood the weird level.

Michelle King said...

I agree that Ohio State should have lost...damn Xavier for missing the free throw that would have secured the win...and damn the 3-pointer that sent the game into overtime. No Cinderellas this year. Where's George Mason when you need them? Lots of close calls and many overtime games, but no major upsets to create a stir. I must take a moment to say I have to briefly hate you for being happy about Duke's knockout :( However, I did not expect them to get past the 2nd round, myself. They need more "take charge" players on the roster...Can you tell I've been watching nothing but basketball since Thursday? ;)

GMadrid said...

Hey Giddy - At least Duke made the preseason. My UCONN did nothing this year. The best bets for upsets is Butler against Florida and USC vs. North Carolina. I still think Georgetown is going to win this year.

Anonymous said...

Occupational Therapists were #7 for growing careers. That's pretty exciting too...especially if I ever finish school as an OT :)

HAPPY RHD APPRECIATION WEEK, by the way!!!

Liz said...

I for one am happy the Xavier lost...I have Ohio State taking it all...alright - stop laughing! I haven't been following the season nearly as close as I have in previous years. Greg - 1999 NCAA Championship game is still one of my fondest memories - hanging with you and Teri at AIC. GO UCONN!!!