Thursday, April 19, 2007

We're taking bets that you can be picky...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that everyone is enjoying the weather currently no matter where you are. We still have a little lingering rain and clouds here in Southern New England. I have a few simple questions for you that I think you will enjoy. Have a fun time and ask others to join.

A. Almost every kid has an issue with some food or how something should be prepared. What was your thing about food as a kid?

B. Everyone has a little OCD. What has to be exactly in it's place either in your office or at home?

C. Are you happy Sanjaya was voted off American Idol? Upset? Didn't care?

Answers:

A. I could not stand when my food touched. My parents had to get me plates with the compartments because I would not eat it if something touched another food. It seems very strange to me now.

B. I need to have my magic 8 ball put back in the same place. I like where it is and it is easily accessible so when people pick it up and then don't put it back in the right place I get antsy.

C. I am very happy even though I have not watched American Idol much this season. It is a talent contest and it clearly was being compromised because it became a screw with American Idol contest.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

A. I don't know if it entirely answers your question, but there are two things that come to mind. The first is that I needed to have chips when I had tunafish. I wouldn't eat tunafish unless the sandwich was cut in half and I had plain potato chips that I could put on the sandwich. The second is kind of a deviant of the question - but since it came to mind I'm sharing. When I was a kid I discovered that if you mixed up ice cream long enough - you got a milk shake! So when my mom would give me a bowl of ice cream, instead of just eating it I would stir it until it was a thick milkshake type of drink. Drove my mom batty.

B. For me, I hate it when people squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube. Such a small, silly thing but if the toothpaste tube is not properly pushed forward, I'll fix it myself before I brush my teeth.

C. I'm with you on this one, Greg. I haven't been following it but if he's as terrible as people are saying he is - it's a disgrace to the competition that he's made it this far.

the Book of Keira said...

1. I didn't really have any weird food things as a kid other than there being certain things I wouldn't eat.

2. Okay.... I'm not even going to answer this as I am being medictaed for obsessive compulsive disorder and would fill up about fifty pages of stuff....lol. Let's just say that it is a LOT.

3. I'm glad he's gone just because it was getting old and really annoying that he was still on there.

GMadrid said...

Danielle - Excellent use of Ice Cream though it probably would have drove me crazy as a parent too. I am with you on the toothpast as well. The directions say for the bottom up.

108 - What wouldn't ya eat?

the Book of Keira said...

I couldn't touch ham or broccoli (two of my favorite foods now) and also Golden Grahams cereal made me want to bark. Chicken and rice was almost impossible for me to choke down. Carrots... another adult favorite of mine... made me gag. String beans... still can't eat em'. I was a steak and potato girl...lol.

Anonymous said...

A. I would not drink milk or eat white bread-unless it was Italian bread. If I was given a sandwich over a friends house on white bread, I sometimes pretended to be sick so I could go home.

B. There are figurines on my windowsill in my kitchen that sometimes get messed with. And though no one admits to it, I know they are moved. Also, sometimes the vases on the shelf of my bed get switched too, and that makes me nuts. And on my desk at work I have tissues that have to be exactly in a certain way-with my Magic 8 ball to the right and a frog covering the tissue logo. I'm sure I could go on...

C. I am happy because now people will stop talking about the little shit. I dont' watch it and hearing how outrageous it is that he wasn't being voted off was getting a little old.

Plus, he is a little ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

And also...who reads the directions on toothpaste?

Obviously not me. ;)

GMadrid said...

108 - Wow I loved Golden Grahams as a kid and was almost never allowed to have it. It is funny how some of those foods are now your favorites.

Lisa - Interesting that you feigned sickness. Your friends must have thought you were a little weird about eating at their houses.