Thursday, December 13, 2007

We're taking bets that everyone gets a little humbug during the Holidays...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that you are all having a wonderful day and that the Holidays are treating you well. We are hoping for about 6 to 10 inches of snow in the Greater New Haven area. I love snow and how beautiful it looks. Below are a few questions that I hope you answer. Simple and easy for you all. Please ask others to join. Maybe a Christmas miracle will happen and Ian will answer a question or two. (Of course I am going to be in trouble for calling him out.) Have a great weekend!!!

A. What is one thing that drives you nuts about the Winter Holidays?

B. What is your favorite and least favorite Christmas Song?

C. How many more people do you have to buy Holiday gifts for?

Answers:

A. I cannot stand lines at the check-out counters and the fact that people get mad because their are lines. I don't like the lines, but I know they are going to happen and I have accepted that. People who get mad are just a little crazy.

B. My favorite Christmas song will always be Silent Night and Little Drummer Boy. A little religious, but they always makes me feel good. I truly dislike the Christmas Shoes song because it is too sappy and if you actually listen to it you have to hold back the tears.

C. I have about 8 more people to buy for, but some of them are small and simple gifts. Hopefully I can get it done on Sunday.

7 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

A. The snow. That's about it. I don't mind anything else about it - but I hate the snow. Especially when it stops or slows me from seeing friends and family.

B. My favorite is the version of "White Christmas" that has the guy with the deep voice, and then has the guy with the really high voice. I think it's by The Drifters, but I'm not sure. I HATE HATE HATE that "Dominic the Donkey" song. HATE IT. I think it's the infernal hee-haw that I hate so much.

C. Almost all of them. The only one who is completely done is Steve.

GMadrid said...

Danielle - Great choice w/ the donkey song. It is annoying. Those crazy Italians.

BMS said...

1. I can't handle how ridiculously slow people drive. I understand being cautious, but if I can walk to my destination faster than you drive, there is a problem.

2. My favorite Christmas song is Santa Baby. It is really cute-sy, and that is what I am all about. My second favorite song is a new cover of the song "Do you hear what I hear" by the band Copeland. You can listen to it on myspace if you search for the Tooth and Nail holiday cd Happy Christmas. It's an awesome alternative to the jingle bells and solemness that usually accompanies holiday music. I can't stand the 12 days of Christmas song. I was forced to sing it so much when I was younger that I have had enough of it.

3. I have to buy gifts for 3 more people. I don't think that is too bad either. What is worse is that i have no idea what I am getting them.


Ps. thanks for helping me import my blog onto facebook.

GMadrid said...

BS - Any time on the blog. I agree on the 12 days of Christmas it does get old real quick.

Maggie Moo said...

Sorry for the late answers Gmad...but you know the deal. ;)

A. Really, not that much. I think the worst for me is going in and out of stores with a winter coat on. Sometimes the shops are in an outdoor mall, and so leaving your coat in the car isn't a good idea, but then you get into the store and sweat bullets because of the temp change/heat blasting.

B. Silent Night & What Child is This?

C. I have 1 person to buy for and 1 gift to make (secret santa). The rest are wrapped and under my tree, ready to be handed out. :)

GMadrid said...

Mags - Very efficient.

Danielle Athanas said...

Thanks. It's good to know I'm not the only one who finds it annoying. :)