Thursday, December 20, 2007

We're taking bets that you would rather one of the other...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that everyone is enjoying the Holiday season and my Christian friends are readying for Christmas. I am super excited for this time of year. I have a lot more 2007 lists to come in the next week or so. I hope you enjoy. Here are few fun questions. Hopefully you will all come out and answer. Even my QU friends who don't like to comment. :)

A. Would you rather a gift that you asked for or a gift that someone got you that was a total surprise, but not what you wanted?

B. Would you rather give gift cards to people who are hard to buy for or find that perfect gift?

C. Now that you are older would you rather sleep until 9 am on Christmas morning (or later) or still get up at 6 am like you did when you were a kid? (If you don't celebrate Christmas what do you think you would have done as a kid?)

Answers:

A. I would love the gift that was a total surprise although I am not good at reacting. Most people don't know what I am thinking when I get a gift. It is weird because I get kind of expressionless and most people think I don't like what I am getting. Unless it is something I already have. ;)

B. I would love to find the perfect gift. I am in this dilemna right now with my brother. I know he wants certain things, but they are things that typically people pick out for themselves. So he probably will get a gift card.

C. I would love to get up at 6 am and just tear through the presents then take a nap after breakfast. Unfortunately, I do not have an alarm clock at my parents and am reliant on my Dad to wake me up. There is something to be said about acting like a little kid again on Christmas.

5 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

A. I love a total surprise unless the person who is buying the gift is a bad gift giver. If they saw it and thought, "Wow, she'd really like that and it would make her smile" then how can you not like that?? Unless of course, it's a "weird" gift... :)

B. I love finding gifts for people, but there are a few that I buy for that are REALLY hard to figure out. Or, they like books and shoes, and I think taking away the joy of picking them out is mean. So they get gift cards.

C. I still get up early, and have never slept late on Christmas morning. This is partly b/c my youngest sister is 12 years younger, and so we all still got Santa presents, even when I was older. Now, my niece is a total joy to watch open gifts.

Danielle Athanas said...

A. I'd rather get something I asked for than something I did not want - even if it was a total surprise. I'm a terrible liar, and if I don't like the gift the person will know it. Then they'd feel bad they got me something I don't like, then I feel bad because they feel bad and they really tried. It's better to be safe and I still know the person cares. :)

B. I'd rather hunt for the perfect gift - knowing full well I run the risk of becoming the victim I noted in A above. :)

C. Bring on the 6:00 AM! Christmas is a wonderful day that should NEVER be slept away. :)

Maggie Moo said...

D-Money: Is that why you opened your gift in your cube?

;) JK

Tom said...

A. I think any gift that someone gets is cool, so I would probably want one that was a total surprise.

B. I think it really depends on the person. There are some people that no matter what, they won't be happy with their gift, so its better if they buy it themselves, but I generally try to find a gift for a person if at all possible.

C. I still am a Geek and can't sleep very well on Christmas Eve, but I think I would rather sleep a little in. My mom doesn't sleep in at all, so she wakes us up pretty early anyway, but thats why they make the wonderful Christmas Day nap.

Danielle Athanas said...

Ha! :)

NO! ;)

(Real answer: I opened it because I didn't know who it was from until I opened it. Silly.) :)