Monday, December 10, 2007

We're taking bets that I love TV and Top '07 Lists...

It is time for my Top Twenty TV shows of 2007. They have changed quite a bit from 2006, especially since my top show isn't even on the list. Since the Writer's Guild strike is still in full swing I thought it would be a good time to appreciate all of their work. (Honorable Mention: Tila Tequila: A Shot at Love, Ice Road Truckers, Doctor Who (Ian raves about it and I have to admit I enjoy it.), America's Next Top Model and Deadliest Catch)

20. Top Chef - Continually has compelling television and I cannot wait for the new season.
19. Big Bang Theory - What a funny show that I never thought I would like, but Ian suggested it and he knows his stuff.
18. NCIS - Mark Harmon is awesome and it is fun television.
17. Project Runway - I just haven't fallen in love with any of the characters yet. (Maybe Kit)
16. Battlestar Galactica - I just watched 20 episodes due to TiVo and Ian's right again.
15. CSI - It just doesn't compete with NBC's comedies, but it is great in reruns.
14. Boston Legal - Not as good as last season, but I love the addition of John Laroquette
13. House - I never thought I would be a big fan, but I got sucked in and now must watch it.
12. My Name is Earl - Earl going to jail has made the show seem fresh and Joy is the best redneck ever.
11. Life - You don't know what you are missing with this great show.
10. Scrubs - It's final season is very worth a TiVo spot.
9. Heroes - It had a great first season, boring start to the fall and a great fall Finale.
8. 30 Rock - It definitely earned it's Emmy and keeps getting funnier every week.
7. Sopranos - The Finale disappointed a few, but I thought it was a great ending to awesome television.
6. CSI: Miami - I know that David Caruso overacts, but I love the cast and it's exciting storylines.
5. How I Met Your Mother - Slapbet, Barney losing his mojo and Lily's spending obsessions. Quality Comedy!
4. Pushing Daisies - Consistently funny and well written. Different is fantastic with this show.
3. Friday Night Lights - How are you not watching this compelling drama?
2. The Office - The Funniest show on TV without a doubt.
1. LOST - Major redemption the second half of the season. I cannot wait until February.

5 comments:

BMS said...

I do believe you missed It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on your list. It is extremely hilarious.

Maggie Moo said...

Really? Tila Tequila?! *sigh* Show a boy a lesbian kiss and he's hooked. Gah!

By the way, I get Bravo in my new city and have watched many episodes of Top Chef...FINALLY!

death commish said...

Greg, you must be on crack. CSI:Miami above the original, no 24, and the Office oas the funniest show on TV? Not to mention the fact that you watch too much reality TV. If you're gonna watch a reality show, drop Tila Taquila and Top Chef and get with The Amazing Race.

At least you got LOST right. By the way, Season 3 on DVD comes out tomorrow! Yippee!!!

Danielle Athanas said...

I agree with T... no 24? ;)

GMadrid said...

BS - You know I have heard that show is good. I will have to check it out.

Mags - I just like the drama

T & Danielle - No way 24 was good last season. It was almost as bad as season 3. Hopefully this season will redeem itself.