Thursday, January 13, 2011

We're taking bets that a snow pile over a foot on your car is dangerous...

Here are a few more observations that I have. I hope you enjoy them.

* I understand we had a lot of snow in the northeast the last couple of days, but some people are ridiculous. If you have a pile of snow on your roof that is larger than 3/4 of a ruler you need to clean it off. I would say even a 1/2, but I will give you some slack. It is dangerous to every other driver around you. You might not care about others, but you are part of a community. Even if you are a little person someone would have helped. Clean off your cars people.

* I think that Reggie Jackson might be my new favorite person. Check out this article. He was responding to the idiotic remarks of Antonio Cromartie of the New York Jets. Here is my favorite quote...

"Don't [be] mad because I get excited because I did well. Or try to pretend like I'm acting some way because I dropped 40 on you in the first three quarters," Jackson said. "This guy threw 50 touchdown passes in one year. He won three Super Bowls. Was he embarrassing to people when he was excited because he won? You don't know what he's talking about because you've never won. So don't tell me how he thinks. You don't know. Acknowledge that. That's not my opinion, that's fact."

* Some days you just need to recite the "God grant me the serenity" prayer. Too many of us try to change what is not in our control and forget about what is in our control. I am doing every thing I can to become employed; preferably in a college or university where I can be of assistance to students. I can only change me, my resume, and my cover letter. Right now I am focusing on the me. Not a overhaul, but some tweaks that will hopefully help me. If you have any constructive feedback to give me please let me know. I know a lot of my faults and try to tackle them everyday, but I know there is more I can do. Some day some one will choose me to work for them and until that day I have the wisdom to try and be happy because I control that aspect of my life.

No comments: