Friday, January 28, 2011

We're taking bets that you can have an impact...

Here are a few observations I have had over the last few days.

* One of my favorite teachers in college passed away today. Dr. Peter Hess of Western New England College was more than just a professor. He was a mentor, a great basketball player, a friend and from what I heard and believed an unbelievable family man. It is amazing how much a professor/administrator from college can impact your life. I am glad that I got to spend some time with him and every time I came back to WNEC he always said hello when he saw me and talked to me for a little while. Thanks for everything Professor Hess and I hope heaven is treating you well.

* The unrest in Tunisia and Egypt is kind of scary. While I completely support these countries right to democracy and freedom, a lot of people are going to get hurt. I think what scares me most is revolutions will probably never stop. There will always be oppressors and people standing up to them. Peace on earth is something I do not believe we will ever see no matter how much beauty pageant contests wish for it. I think that is why I believe more Americans need to pay attention to politics and get involved. We have a pretty good system in the United States, but we are only getting involved every four years. Things happen all the time and not just every four years. I just hope that the people of Tunisia get what they want and more importantly what they deserve.

* On a more fun note I am really impressed with the NHL All-Star game draft. I think that is a really cool way to get more interest in the game. I remember playing NHL '94 and trying to put together an all star roster. This is a great way to get to see your dream line-ups. I think that all sports should do this. It would really spice things up and definitely make me more interested in the games.

* I watched Kevin Hart on Comedy Central again tonight. I really enjoy his comedy. He is just hilarious. I still think his ostrich bit is his best, but everything is funny. Hopefully this will make you laugh again.

No comments: