Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We're taking bets that someone needs to judge these Idols...

Alright so American Idol has some great singers. The problem is no one on the judges panel is really giving any serious feedback. Everyone cannot be perfect each week. So here is my tone deaf opinions about tonight's performances of Elton John songs.

Scott McCreery - Country Comfort
Scott did his normal self. He wasn't too flashy nor did he make any mistakes. He is all around good, but needs some more songs that fit his voice. He will be one of the next great male country singers.
Grade: B

Naima Adedapo - Still Standing
She decided to take this song reggae which I happen to love, but she murdered it. It wasn't as funky as she can be and I just didn't like it. I think that she will have trouble because she is so unique. We already have an india.arie and Eryka Badu so I am not sure she will make it.
Grade: D

Paul McDonald - Rocket Man
Paul has such a unique voice. He is the new Rod Stewart without the creepiness. (Except his rose suit) I just didn't believe him in this song. It made me not like the song anymore. He did have some good moments, but this wasn't a song he should have fooled with.
Grade: C

Pia Toscano - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
Pia might be the most polished singer. She was Whitney and Mariah before they both were crazy. She is easily the frontrunner and I think she will probably win it all. WOW!!!
Grade: A

Stefano Langone - Tiny Dancer
Now this might be Elton's most recognized song because of all the commercials and movies it have been in. Stefano did a good job and really sucked up to the judges. I feel like he missed a bunch of notes and really didn't deliver like this song needed.
Grade: B-

Lauren Alaina - Candle in the Wind
Oops. She definitely screwed up the lyrics. She seemed very distracted but she sounded beautiful. She has some serious talent, but I am not sure what was up with her tonight. There is no way she goes home tomorrow, but she definitely has potential to drop a major dookie on live television.
Grade: B+

James Durbin - Saturday Night's Alright
Unfreaking believable. James might actually be might favorite. I am not so sure that mid America will be able to vote for him in the later rounds, but he was amazing. He has a great voice and is an exciting performer. He killed it tonight.
Grade: A

Thia Megia - Daniel
She did a good job from the emotional side. She was connected to the song, but she didn't excite me at all. She has a great voice, but she is too young for this competition. She just doesn't have the maturity to win. I think she goes home this week.
Grade: C

Casey Abrams - Your Song
Well the guy who was saved last week absolutely knocked it out of the park this week. The song fit him perfectly. I cannot imagine America not voting for him this week. If he goes home I will be very very disappointed. Top Notch!
Grade: A-

Jacob Lusk - Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
Well he is easily my Theresa's favorite. He was close to perfect this week. Jacob always has one over done note, but he was pretty toned down this week. I thought it was a great arrangement to showcase his voice and I think he is a serious contender Grade: A-

Haley Reinhart - Bennie and the Jets
She was easily the best performance of the night. She was actually having fun while she was singing and you could tell. It was very impressive and I think she staved off elimination.
Grade: A+

Recap: Naima, Thia, Paul and Stefano are all in trouble this week. I can't imagine anyone else being in the bottom, but America votes and usually we screw it up at least a few times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking.quinceanera dresses Christian Louboutin Boots Hot Sale