Friday, March 04, 2011

We're taking bets that you are lucky every day you get to breath...

Many of you have probably already heard about Wes Leonard, the high school basketball player who died minutes after hitting a game winning shot. This is the second tragic story that has hit me pretty hard lately. My next door neighbor Ralph Melillo has lived his life to the fullest. He is only 51 and was just diagnosed with a degenerative condition called cervical myelopathy. There is a good chance he isn't going to see 2012. Ralph is an amazing man who throws a huge July 4th party and Halloween party for the neighborhood. Ralph always has a smile and a story that makes you smile. He would give up his right arm for anyone who needed it. It is amazing how many people he has had a positive effect on in only half a lifetime.

These amazingly sad stories that makes me think about my priorities. I have not had the best 8 months on the job front, but I am working hard to stay positive. I am blessed with many great things in my life. My family and Theresa are right at the top, with my best friend Ian next in line of the things that make me a lucky man. Then I have all my other friends (like Johnny S., Chris R, Tiffany G. & many more) and past students who continue to enrich my life. I am lucky for having each and everyone of them. I know that each day I get closer to the perfect job and the perfect life

You have to remember we all have a precious few amount of days to live. Most of us complain so much about our lives that we often forget to live them. Most of you that know me understand I am not much of a complainer, but rather a searcher for solutions. I hope that all of you look at life as a gift that it is and think twice before you complain about something ridiculous. You're days are numbered; though hopefully the number is above 30,000. You are all blessed and lucky to be alive. May each day you live be better than the last.

No comments: