Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We're taking bets that you need some Pop...

Here are a few books that I have read over the last few weeks.

Pop by Gordon Korman
* This was a great young adult book about football, concussions, and Alzheimer's. It really made me think about my grandmother and her memory loss. Definitely a must read for families who have someone experiencing memory loss.

The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney
* A really cool opening book about Spooks in the 18th century. They are talking about turning this book series into a movie. Could be very cool especially with a villian like Mother Malkin.

The Difference Maker by John C. Maxwell
* I had always wanted to read a Maxwell book and found this on my library's shelves. It was an inspiring book that confirms my belief that my positive attitude will get me through this time of unemployment. Attitude isn't everything, but it certainly helps.

Books that I am currently reading:

Race Matters by Cornell West
The Last Apprentice: The Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney
Keep Going: The Art of Perserverance by Joseph M. Marshall III
DIY U by Anya Kamenetz

No comments: