Thursday, March 23, 2006

We're taking bets that Spring is here to stay...

It's finally Spring!!! Of course the weather is not cooperating here in New England, but that is perfectly fine with me because knowing Spring is here makes me happy. Being Thursday that means it is question time. Post your answers in the comments section. Remember that you can be anonymous and you don't have to answer each question. Ask others to answer. Have fun and enjoy.

A. Assuming that complete recovery were instantaneous, would you be willing to accept a year of total paralysis below the neck to prevent the otherwise certain extinction of a species of animal?

B. Would you be willing to become extremely ugly physically if it meant you would live for 1,000 years at any physical age you chose?

C. What is your favorite part of Spring?

Answers:

A. Since I have a love of animals and I would be able to make a full recovery I would definitely do it. It would also probably give me a greater appreciation for life and the ability to fully function.

B. Since I would love to live for 1,000 years I would do it. I really think it would be neat to see how things change over that long a time period. Plus I could choose the age that I wanted. I am just an average looking person now so I am not sure people would really be able to tell the difference.

C. For me the best part of Spring is the fact that one day there is no leaves on the trees and the next day they seem to be full of leaves. It truly is amazing because the transition happens so fast. That is why Mother Nature is just so fascinating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. This is an extremely weird question, just so you know. Considering the whole "Cirle of life" thing, I would have to say yes, but only because I wouldn't want to be known as the girl who didn't get paralyzed for the panda bears.

B. No, but not becuase I'd be ugly, but because I would not want to live for 1000 years. And also, who'd want to be EXTREMELY ugly for 1000 years-people would not treat you nice-it's just the way of the world.

C. My favorite part of spring is that it symbolizes new beginnings. I also like the smell of the earth as it thaws out.

Anonymous said...

1. Absolutely not. Because the terminology says "prevent" and not "guarantee". You can do a number of things to "prevent" cancer and heart disease, but you can never "guarantee" that it won't happen.

2. No. And just like Lisa said... not because I'd be ugly, but because I have zero interest in living to be 1000 years old.

3. The smells. The smell of new flowers, the smell of fresh cut grass, the smell of dew... mmmmm. Nothing better than the olfactory bliss of spring. :-)

P McT said...

A) Um No, not that I don't love he animals and all, I guess i'm just a selfish person, I like being able to move

B)Nope...you had a question like this before. It would be a 1000 years of sadness all the people you love would keep dying..where's the joy in that??

C) The sunshine, I like that you could where short sleeves during the day but can throw on a fave sweatshirt at night