Thursday, May 17, 2007

We're taking bets that it's not the job but the money...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that May is treating you all well. It has been an interesting month for me. I usually love change, but there is a lot of crazy stuff going on in my world. I have a few questions about jobs that I think you will enjoy. Get friends to answer or respond to other answers. Have fun and have a great weekend!!!

A. What minimum wage job would you do if the pay wasn't what you would consider low?

B. What is the grossest job you can imagine? How much money per year would it take for you to do that job?

C. What company would you like to be the CEO/President/Top Dog for?

Answers:

A. I would be a cashier at any supermarket or department store. It is okay work that just doesn't get a lot of money. I enjoyed my time working at Caldor. (Northeast Department store that died in the late 90's)

B. I think it would be coroner because you have to see someone at their worst. Especially people who have been murdered. I do not think there is any amount of money that would get me to work as a coroner.

C. I would love to be the president of any college in the United States. I love higher education and I think that I could turn an underperforming school around in seven years.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg!

A. I have to agree on the cashier job. I enjoyed it when I was a cashier-it has lots of fun buttons to push and it was amazing what some people would buy.

B. Your answer is a good one, but I won't steal it. I will have to say that I would not like to be a garbage collector. The smells and grime would be horrid and just imagine if you worked in a high crime area-there's no telling what you'd find in the trash!

C. Is it stupid to say my business? Since this question is kind of like a dream question, I'd like to be the President of my catering company, which will hopefully really take off this summer after I graduate.

Anonymous said...

Man...I'm not sick today and NO ONE's coming out to play.

I must go pout now.

(Insert Greg remark of "Well, some of us have to work Lisa.")

8)

GMadrid said...

Lisa - Not stupid though I thought you would say President of a skunk smell factory. :) Yes some of us do have to work Lisa.

Anonymous said...

Oooo. I officially change my answer to the President of a Skunk Smell company.

I'm destined to be broke and happy anyway. So why not?

;)

Have a good rest of your day.

Danielle said...

A. I also agree on the cashier job. I loved my job at Market Basket but it certainly doesn't pay what I make here at AMETEK. Plus, you got to meet all sorts of neat people. And I'll admit I loved ringing groceries through. I heart Express Line. :)

B. My answer, having watched a number of episodes of "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe, would be anything that has to do with cleaning a lot of poop. And I mean A LOT. No amount of money could ever get me to do that.

C. Honestly, I have no desire to be the absolute top dog - I don't have THAT much self-direction. But, I would love to be in some sort of upper management/upper creative position at like... Disneyworld, or something like that. Someplace where my sole ultimate purpose is to make people happy. :)

And... I wasn't out to play because I had Six Sigma training. Tomorrow too. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Ian: Because I like to go the extra mile for my friends, I'd like to say that the last time I saw you, you looked great!

Greg: To make you feel better about the obvious connection Ian and I share through your blog, I'd like to say you are one of the funniest people I know, and you have cool one pocket jeans.

And when you put your mind to it, you can grow some hair.

8) (((Hugs)))

(Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!)

Carrie said...

Happy Friday, G-Mad et. al.! :)

A. I think I'd prefer to be a stocker than a cashier. I hate dealing with the public because there's always someone who wants to get angry about something.

B. Anything involving spiders. No. I could (eventually) learn to handle cleaning septic tanks or whatever, just keep the spiders away. I mean it.

C. Before I started playing WoW, I'd have said Crayola every time. It's still my dream to do QA for them. I mean, you'd get to color for your JOB! But I think I'd like to be in charge of Blizzard! :) Then I could play WoW all day, and get paid for it. Plus I could make the GM's give me all kinds of cool stuff, and it would be super cool. Yeah.

Nai said...

Lisa,

Thanks for the words. Maybe next time we get together, I can hang out and not have to run around!

Ian

Anonymous said...

A. Oooh... I'd love to go back to the toy store.

B. Animal slaughter. I love to eat meat, but no money in the world (mostly because money is unimportant) would make me kill animals on purpose.

C. I too would love to be President of a college. Actually, I'd love to found a college with a few friends. That would be spectacular!