Wednesday, May 09, 2007

We're taking bets that you need to know these things...

* Taking away positive things as a way to deter negative things has historically never worked. Sadly people who are not involved in in trying to control the negative things are the ones who make decisions. That is usually the case in most jobs and it is sad. No matter how much you feel valued by an organization there are going to be decisions that affect you negatively and you can do nothing about it. :(

* The 5 second rule is alive and well. Thanks to Clemson University we have found out that most people use this with their food. Pretty cool huh?

* Connections with people come and go. Most times they are a result of a chance meeting and you feel that if you had more time something special could have resulted. A friendship, a romantic relationship or even a business partner. Other times you lose a connection after knowing someone for a while. It could be a romantic relationship, a friendship where someone moves or even a student who graduates. The spark is gone or distance has occurred or someone else has replaced you.

Ever year around this time I wonder who I will still be connected with after graduation. It doesn't matter how much time you spent with the other people they will move on. It is sad, but at the same time should make you cherish that time you had even if it was just simple conversations. You can always hope that there was a spark or a deep connection that will allow you to at the very least be friends forever. I hope that every year knowing only a select few will fall into the friends forever category.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

G-Mad.. can I call you G-Mad? If not, that's ok :)

I just wanted to stop by and give ya some props for your comment over at Mags' about the pearl necklaces.. some people just don't know what to keep to themselves.

Also, that article about the 5 second rule is awesome, thanks!! :)

Danielle said...

I can agree that one of the hardest things in the world is when friends drift apart.

I am glad we have been able to stay in touch, albeit maybe not that often - but I am glad nonetheless.

:)

GMadrid said...

Asara - GMad works for me. Thanks for the shout out. The 5 second rule is cool.

Danielle - We stay in touch enough to make me smile too. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what this post is about but I hope it has nothing to do with me.

I think I would be very very very sad if we were to not be friend anymore, as you have touched my life and been a wonderful friend.

And if someone chooses to not be your friend anymore, in my opinion, they would be missing out on knowing an amazing person.

If my 2 cents mean anything. ;)

Anonymous said...

PS: Remember the Myth Busters you and I watched about the 5 second rule? I haven't played that game since watching it.