Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We're taking bets that's a relief! I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to use the liar, liar, pants-on-fire defense.

I have been relatively quiet regarding Roger Clemens and his alleged HGH/Steroids use. The evidence is starting get stacked against him and I truly think he used some bad stuff. I have not been a fan of Roger since he left the Red Sox in a huff because GM Dan Duquette said he was in the declining years of his career. It was true at the time and surprisingly he started to become an even better player over the next 10 years.

He is now in front of Congress calling his ex-trainer Brian McNamee a liar. He said that one of his best friend's Andy Pettitte misremembered conversations regarding steroids even though Andy has admitted his use. Funny that he doesn't call him a liar too. I think that Roger Clemens is a cheater and he truly ruined what was a great career by using performance enhancing drugs. He was never Nolan Ryan and he never will be. It is a shame we villified Dan Duquette, because maybe he was right. More information will come out and Roger will one day be apologizing to all of his fans. I just wish that the Barry Bonds case could be more conclusive.

1 comment: