Thursday, April 17, 2008

We're taking bets that 1000 of anything is a lot...

This is my 1,000th post over the last 3+ years. While I do not do many multiple posts and sometimes have to let the blog go on the back burner I feel I have entertained with my posts. Today I am going to rant about a few different subjects with some seriousness and a lot of humor.

* The Pope is in the United States and we seem to be excited. It seems to me that the Pope is the only person who can truly garner this much awe. Now I know that awe and reverence should be reserved for a high holy person, but I haven't figured out why other religions don't have one person at the top of their organization. The Buddhists have the Dalai Lama, but he doesn't require the shutting down of 1/2 of the Bronx and can be photoed without problems. The Muslims have a place, but not a person. The Jews don't have a Super Rabbi and all other Christians only have Joel Osteen. At least in the olden days there was the worshipping of Greek and Roman Gods. They even had a mountain. I wonder if someday there will be someone that will garner that type of awe in America.

* Can anyone explain to me why the Red Sox and Yankees cannot play a game under 3 1/2 hours? Yes they scored a lot of runs last night, but 4 hours and 8 minutes is ridiculous. They should move the starting times to 6 pm so little kids can stay up to watch the whole thing. I feel like they should only get 4 warm-up pitches between innings and the commercials can only be 30 seconds long. The shortest game this season was just over 2 hours. There is no way the Red Sox and Yankees can do it. I think each of their games should count for two in the standings and they only play each other half the time. It has become ridiculous. Though it does make me wonder how long the game would be on the LOST island. I am thinking 48 minutes of playing time with a 42 minute rain delay.

* There is a lot of difference between the truth and what you believe to be true. I have been pondering this a lot lately. Sometimes conversations happen and although you believe that honesty has occurred you are not sure you believe that to be true. It is a shame that there is almost no such thing as the absolute truth anymore.

* It might be offensive, but I cannot stop bopping my head to Sexy Can I by Ray J. Yes the very Ray J that filmed himself having sex with Kim Kardashian. The beat is fantastic and makes even someone who is dancing challenged like me want to dance. Check it out.

3 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

Congrats on 1000 posts! :)

GMadrid said...

Thanks Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Though I can definitely pass on Sexy Can I, i'm ashamed to say I do enjoy Love in this Club