Monday, August 24, 2009

We're taking bets that all men should read and watch this post...

I have to applaud Glamour magazine and hope that they do this more often. They had a picture in this month's issue of a plus-size model that is turning the women's magazine world on it's head. It is of a very beautiful woman who has a stomach. WHAT? Crazy talk. Someone that looks like most women in the world. (except for the fact that she is incredibly beautiful with a slamming smile.)

I know that there are so many guys who would skoff at the fact that she is a size 12 to 14, but I think there needs to be a readjustment. I may be heavy, but even with that fact I am treated better than women who might be heavy are. I just don't get it. I definitely can appreciate the Megan Fox's, Angelina Jolie's and Jennifer Aniston's of this world. I used to be completely in love with Rachel from Friends. That doesn't mean normal sized or plus size women are not beautiful, sexy and head turners. To be honest my favorite actress when I was a kid was Maureen O'Hare from Parent Trap, Miracle on 34th Street and Quiet Man. She was by no means a small woman, but she was incredibly beautiful.

Until we and by we I mean guys change our views and stop allowing the media to dictate what is beautiful we are going to have women with body issues. I think that women are the most incredible thing ever created and love that they come in all shapes and sizes. (Though I do have a problem with the crazy ones. :) I hope that Lizzi Miller and Glamour can inspire women to change how they are viewed and get guys to understand that beauty comes in many sizes.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

1 comment:

Tom said...

This is an amazing video, and she is absolutely beautiful.

Well done, now I am just trying to figure out how to post this on my facebook page.