Wednesday, March 23, 2005

We're taking bets that it was a rickety van...

I am currently working on a project at work involving vehicles. All of the vehicles in Facilities Mgmt need some sort of work on them. At a minimum they need new inspection stickers. So I drove one of the box trucks(Think U-Haul truck) to Springfield Lincoln Mecury for an inspection sticker.

Upon entering the vehicle that isn't used in the winter months by the Glaziers I found out that the seatbelt did not work. That should have been my first sign to leave the truck where it was. The truck shuttered when it started and after warming up for about ten minutes had trouble getting over the 1 inch by 2 inch patch of ice that was in front of the truck. I floored it and it went over the ice at about 3 miles an hour. I then pushed on the gas and got the truck to go 5 miles an hour to the front gate. I waited until there was absolutely no cars coming in either direction and headed onto the street. I got the car to go to 20 miles an hour and came to a red light. The breaks didn't work so well. After slamming them to the floor the truck stopped just before the middle of the intersection.

Did I mention that I needed to go 7 more miles? I got the truck to go a maximum of 35 miles per hour and left myself 500 yards before every time I had to stop. The truck also liked to shake while it idled like a vibrating bed in a cheesy motel. Luckily I made it to the Service Center and told Big Mike (Not really his nickname, but that's what I like to call him) that he needs to do some major work or invite me back to take a sledgehammer to it. I risk my life everyday for the City of Springfield. Isn't it great I left Lowell? :)

I hopefully made a couple of you laugh with this story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GMad lets go get that Huffy!

- Kevin

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »