Friday, March 11, 2005

We're taking bets that riding in a truck bed in 30 degree weather sucks...

I am outraged. I was on my way to my parents from Springfield when I saw a woman driving a Ford F-250. It looked brand new and I was checking it out as it passed me going at least 75 on the highway. Then I noticed in the truck bed a dog(looked like a German Shepard) sitting in the back huddled against the back window.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? That is pure animal cruelty. It was extremely windy and had to be below freezing yesterday. It made me want to stop the car on the highway and take the dog away from her. Is the interior of your car that important to you? Some people have zero common sense. That lady deserved to be forced to walk 5 miles in a blinding snowstorm with no coat on. Thank you for listening to my venting. Please be nice to animals. At the very least keep them in your car if it is cold out and you need take them somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading this really made me sad. I love my animals, all animals for that matter, more than I do many humans. Dogs offer unconditional love, companionship, and loyalty that many people lack and animals should be treated with all of the love and respect that they give to you. Animal cruelty is disgusting and people dont realize how intelligent and kind that animals are- they do not deserve how badly that they are often treated. Be kind to your animals...they deserve it. I almost cried when I read this, I'm such a sucker for animals (especially dogs)- thank you for bringing this to people's attention...for too many people, this never even crosses their minds. BE NICE! THEY DONT DESERVE THE CRUELTY! :(
-Lindsay