Tuesday, November 21, 2006

We're taking bets that Cosmo Kramer isn't funny anymore...

Open Letter to Michael Richards aka Kramer

Dear Michael,

Well your years of being hilarious are over. Granted you really have not done anything worthwhile in entertainment, but this really changes things. Your racist rant at the comedy club was as bad as Mel Gibson's except yours was caught on tape.

What I don't quite understand is your argument that you are not racist, but it was because you let your anger get the best of you. I have been angry numerous times in my life. I have also said many things that were hurtful to others when I was angry that I wish I could have taken back. Sadly I cannot and my hope is that my apologies were met with forgiveness and I would understand if they were not. With that being said I never was so angry racist comments came out of my mouth.

That is the biggest problem that I have. People who do not have racist thoughts do not spew racist words when they are angry. They may make fun of what you are wearing or what you look like physically (big ears, fat, lots of zits, etc.) but not racist terms. Now the biggest questions I pose to the readers of this blog. Does Kramer's ignorance make it harder to watch reruns of Seinfeld? I don't think it changes for me. Mainly because I don't believe that Seinfeld was a racist show. Mr. Kramer I think you have lost me as a fan of any of your work for now until the end of time. I think that you need counseling and sensitivity training. I am sorry to say that you are a racist and you need to change your ways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope. I'll still watch the reruns. He's an idiot for acting the way he did, and for trying to back peddel by saying he was just angry, but the show is still funny.

I dont' think I would support a film or show he'd start in the future however.

Anonymous said...

In our anger, we have a tendency to meet our vengeance by doing what would be most hurtful to a person. Underneath it all, we all -know- about racism and the harm it causes others, even if we are not racist ourselves. I understand that and can accept his apology. And I don't watch Seinfeld reruns anymore because I've seen them all a million times.

P McT said...

Don't make apologies, all the anger in the world does not excuse it. I'm sure among particular friends he has said the same kinds of things and not been "angry". You're just an unfunny racist dude, love yourself for it!
I've never been a big fan of Sienfeld, thank goodness