Wednesday, August 08, 2007

We're taking bets that I am getting dizzy...

Here are a few observations from the world of Greg...

* Bourne Ultimatum was a fantastic movie, but I am sure it will make my best friend sick. The camera motions are even crazier than the last movie. It is like the director hired a bunch of people strickened with Parkinson's as part of some diversity hiring. (Yes I understand Parkinson's disease is scary, but it illustrates my point.) I think that Mr. Greengrass must have slept in a vibrating hotel bed as a kid because he doesn't understand a straight simple shot. I also think he likes people's pores because he had a lot of close-ups.

* Sometimes there are news stories that are too hilarious to not mention. You need to read about a man and his monkey. People actually thought he didn't know he had a monkey in his hat. Was he wearing the pope's big hat? Did he borrow the chiquita banana lady's hat and it just happened into the hat? Of course the guy knew he had a monkey in his hat. Maybe it just made them laugh to ask. "Excuse me sir. Do you know you have a monkey in your hat?" Oh the laughs we could have. You know of course this could lead to people trying to smuggle other animals under their hats. "Excuse me sir. Do you know there is a koala under your hat?" Because everyone loves koalas and they should be closer to people.

* Van Halen is reuniting again with David Lee Roth. Someone should put a stop to these old bands getting back together. No one wants to see Flock of Seagulls or Frankie Goes to Hollywood again. If you have been broken up for more than 20 years please stop and form a new band. It worked for a lot of others. Try it out.

9 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

I guess if he's got a monkey in his hat, it really IS a banana in his pocket....

GMadrid said...

Funny Lisa always with a joke to make my readers blush.

death commish said...

So I shouldn't wait for a Beatles reunion tour any time soon?

GMadrid said...

Nope. Probably because Ringo has been dead since 1970. :)

Danielle Athanas said...

Steve says he agrees with you on the Bourne Ultimatum stuff (he saw it last night). Especially with the part when Bourne is chasing the other guy who's chasing the girl...?

GMadrid said...

Danielle - It was awesome just a little nauseating. :)

Maggie Moo said...

I heard they hired stunt men to do the cameras-they did the jumps right behind him so it looked like you were there with him.

I guess they achieved their goal.

Carrie said...

I heard about the monkey in the hat. My question is.. where exactly was the monkey going to the bathroom?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I don't think Merriam Websters consdiers "strickened" to be a "real" word. :) Perhaps you meant....struck? :)