Thursday, September 06, 2007

We're taking bets that you have memories about your hometown...

Hello WTBT readers!!! I hope that everyone is enjoying September. It is always one of my favorite months because it is the start of fall. The leaves change colors and where I work becomes one of the most beautiful areas in New England. I have a few questions for everyone. I hope you enjoy them. Remember to invite others and they can be anonymous.

A. How many different residences have you lived in since you were born?

B. Where do you consider your hometown and what is your favorite thing about it that isn't your family?

C. Is there any where in the world you wished you spent your childhood?

Answers?

A. I have lived at 5 different colleges, two apartment complexes, and three houses. Of course on each campus except AIC I lived in at least two different locations. I have definitely moved a lot.

B. South Windsor, CT. It is where I went to through most of my schooling. I love that from one hill on the opposite side of town you can see Hartford in the distance. I also enjoy that there are still a bunch of farms in the town but it is next to the biggest shopping area in Northern CT.

C. I think I would have loved growing up in Boston. It would have made me very independent and confident especially since I would have rode the T and bus lines by myself.

4 comments:

Maggie Moo said...

What up Gregmeister?

A. MD, NY, CT, MA (are we including dorms? If so add 3) FL (5), CT (3) so...14. Hopefully soon to be 15.

B.Chester CT 06412, "We Know Where It Is"...My favorite thing about that town is the amount of history my family has there. My great grandfather built most of the stone walls there and our family owned a quarry there. It's so quaint and beautiful and really was a great place to grow up.

C. I think a small town in Ma would have been nice. I knew lots of people from said areas in high school and their sense of community was much greater. In my hometown area people tended to be snobby and therefore kept to themselves...

Danielle Athanas said...

A. Since I was born: 10 Apartments, 2 Houses, 1 college (2 different dorms). I've lived in various New England cities: Waltham, Saugus, Lynn, Watertown, Lawrence, Methuen, Lowell, Dracut, and Salem NH (Yes... I've lived in all 3 bad "L" cities in MA).

B. Methuen. My favorite thing about it is the history that it has. I did a whole paper in high school about the town's history (its 3 millionaires, Roger's Rangers).

C. No I don't think other than where I was. I kind of wish I had been in Methuen MORE of my childhood, but I liked growing up there ages 9-18. It was a good 9 years and I had a lot of fun there.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I posted here a few weeks ago. :)

A. My parent's home in Holyoke, MA for 24 years (on and off during college), three different dorm rooms at Umass Amherst, apartment in North Andover for 2 years, and house in Methuen for about a year.

B. Holyoke, MA. I grew up and went to school there. I know most people would say the St. Patrick's Parade, but that's overrated in my opinion. I would have to say that I always loved the Holyoke Mall. It used to be right down the street from me and now I miss it.

C. I would have liked growing up somewhere else in Massachusetts. Not too rural, but less urban than Holyoke.

Michelle King said...

A. 4 houses in Montreal, one house in Florida, one apartment in Toronto, 3 apartments in Chonju, Korea and then 4 apartments in Montreal again. My moves are usually pretty big: from country to country (even changing continents).

B. My hometown is Montreal and I love the summers as there is so much to do: Jazz Festival, Just for Laughs, International Fireworks Competition, etc...it's a great city!

C. I guess I would be curious to know what it may be life to grow up somewhere like Australia :)