Thursday, December 16, 2010

We're taking bets that I need a creative outlet...

Here are a few of my musings and rants...

* No matter how much money was left on the table in both deals I think that Cliff Lee made the right decision and Lebron James made a smart decision, but handled it horribly. Cliff didn't owe anything to the Rangers because he was there for 3 months, but Lebron should have been more direct with Cleveland. Growing up in Akron and playing for seven years in Cleveland then announcing it on national tv in Connecticut. Please people could you stop comparing the two. It is not even close.

*It is silly when we think that leaving money on the table is a crazy thing when these guys already make $100 million. How can they spend that much money? What type of lifestyles do they have? Athletes do have short careers, but I will be lucky to make 3 million over the course of my 50 year career. Even if Cliff Lee put $3 million in the bank at an interest rate of 1.5% compounded annually he will make more than $3.2 million just in interest. Maybe something needs to be done to figure out how to lower salaries to more normal levels and reduce ticket prices. I know this will never happen, but I can dream.

* It is tough staying strong for others when all you want to do is stay in bed. I cannot explain the feeling of worthlessness. While I appreciate all of the support people give it doesn't really help anymore. I get it, but until I have a real job being good or talented at something really doesn't mean shit. I am working very hard to stay positive, but I am envisioning being in a new field and/or working far away from the one person that has made this livable. It is very annoying that some people feel I need to be dealt with kid gloves too. I understand my circumstances and I don't need people to be worried about how I am going to react to questions that people legitimately have about me. Trust me I understand you care about my feelings, but it just isn't open, honest or direct so stop. I just needed to say this because I usually keep most things hidden, but it feels better getting it off my chest.

* One of the classiest people in baseball died yesterday. Bob Feller. He proudly volunteered to serve his country at the age of 23. How many athletes today would even fathom doing that? He probably would have easily won 320 games and struck out 3,700 batters if he played. Bob never had a problem speaking his mind and these are two of my favorite quotes:

"I would rather beat the Yankees regularly than pitch a no hitter."
"I'm no hero. Heroes don't come back. Survivors return home. Heroes never come home. If anyone thinks I'm a hero, I'm not."

* I was a Lakers fan for many years. Then they got Kobe, he sexually assaulted some girl and then ran Shaq out of town. I decided I was going to go with the enemy until he left the purple and gold. I became a Celtics fan. I wasn't that worried because they stunk and then Danny Ainge came back. He added KG and Ray Allen and I was hooked. I was actually excited when Paul Pierce hit the game winner tonight. I actually own a Celtics shirt. I feel this is so wrong, but sadly I am okay with it.

* I am going to blog more because I need it. No BS this time. GMad the blogger is back.

No comments: