Friday, December 17, 2010

WTBT Favorite Movies of 2010...

It is time for me to give you my favorite 21 movies of 2010. Now these are only movies I have seen up to today, so I may not be an Oscar predictor.

21. Prince of Persia - Surprisingly fun action movie. It met all my criteria for a fun fantasy movie.
20. Iron Man 2 - A good movie, but no where as good as the first.
19. Alice in Wonderland - Tim Burton and Johnny Depp again work their magic.
18. How to Train Your Dragon - A fun movie that was no where near Kung FU Panda, but entertaining none the less.
17. The Book of Eli - If you haven't seen this I won't ruin the twist, but it was another notch in Denzel's impressive belt of great movies.
16. Date Night - It made me laugh and you can't go wrong with Steve Carell and Tina Fey.
15. Dinner for Schmucks - It didn't do that well, but I laughed out loud at least 4 times. That to me is a great comedy.
14. When in Rome - I am a Josh Duhamel fan. Throw in cutie Kristin Bell and I am hooked.
13. Kick-Ass - Chloe Moretz is going to be bigger than Justin Bieber and Dakota Fanning.
12. Babies - A really interesting documentary of the first year of 4 different babies from very different parts of the world.
11. Morning Glory - I love Rachel McAdams and this movie was much funnier than I thought it was g oing to be.
10. It's Kind of a Funny Story - Zach Galifinakis really hit it out of the park in this movie and I believe that Emma Roberts might be the second coming of her aunt.
9. Let Me In - This movie scared the crap out of me and this is why I don't go see horror type movies, but it was actually quite amazing. If I was employed I never would have seen this movie.
8. Despicable Me - My second favorite cartoon of the year. It's so FUZZY!!!
7. The Town - Ben Affleck is a damn good director.
6. Easy A - This brought me back to the John Hughes comedies of the 80's. I think everyone who loved those movies should see this one.
5. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - What a comic book movie should be like. It really was a very cool movie.
4. Social Network - The movie about Facebook really was interesting. It is amazing how much genius, arrogance and backstabbing go into a great idea coming to fruition.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - I cannot wait for the next movie. They have really captured this book and it is only going to get better.
2. Toy Story 3 - The tears I cried at the end of the movie only proved how great a story it is. They really crushed it and I am glad that Pixar has coming into movie goers lives.
1. Inception - From beginning to end it sent me on a mind trip. I am really starting to like Leo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of the most underrated actors of our generation.

Movies that I need to see to complete this year: The Kids are Alright, True Grit, Tron: Legacy, The Fighter, Waiting for Superman, The King's Speech, Unstoppable, Get him to the Greek and

No comments: