Saturday, August 28, 2004

WTBT Monthly Music Contest #1

There are a lot of lines in music that go along with "We're taking bets that". The best example that I can think of is "We're taking bets that... she only comes when she's on top." The answer would be James - Laid. This monthly column will test how well you know your music. I will include 15 music lines below. You need to name the title of the song and artist who sang it. Some of them will be easy and some will be difficult. They will rang from the 50's to today and from any type of music. E-mail me your answers to Gregory_Madrid@uml.edu. I will declare a winner on Tuesday morning. The top 3 people will win a special prize that I will mail to you. I will also post all of the answers in the comments section on Tuesday evening. Have fun.

We're taking bets that...

* you give it all but I want more.
* I shoulda known we'd never get far.
* with a bad attitude I can't compete.
* I'm on the hunt I'm after you.
* I've churned butter once or twice.
* it's a long way down to the placewhere we started from.
* He's licking his lips He's ready to win On the hunt tonight.
* She always rights the wrong for me.
* You don't need diamond rings or eighteen karat gold.
* And I've Learned That Love Won't Wait. (Original Singer)
* You're a shotgun - bang! What's up with that thang?
* Everybody’s doin’ a brand new dance now. (80's song)
* I'm just the devil with love to spare.
* Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school.
* It's a nice day to start again.

Good luck to everyone. Please comment if you like this column.

PS - You should try to not use GOOGLE or another search engine. I won't know the truth, but the guilt should get to you. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Greg I did my best here and I e-mailed u my answers I answered all 15 except number 14 didnt know the song name I am young lol. That was fun u should do it again.
Adam A. SOOOOOOUUUTHH. YARRRRR

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Anamation software conference calling san diego cosmetic dentistry Zoloft for depression zoloft for depression Pontiac montana grill part Top children's toys magazine advertisement in france