Friday, November 12, 2004

We're taking bets that MTV's Battle of the Sexes has it right...

We have way too much violence and war in the world. I don't think that anyone can really debate this fact, except for maybe GWB's friends who own defense contracts. I think that I have found a fair way to solve all conflicts and all I had to do was watch TV. :)

Every single day MTV shows the Real World vs. Road Rules Battle of the Sexes. A bunch of contestants from past shows compete in inane activities that anyone can win. Most of the activities are a little humiliating and that makes it all the more fun. This past week each group had to make a boat out of a bunch of items that were referred to as junk. I don't know how my PVC pipe and Styrofoam you have laying around your house, but it was junk to them. The women inexplicably beat the men because well the men were idiots. By the way everyone is scantily clad in every episode with boob jobs and asses hanging out everywhere.

I think that this would be a great way to solve issues in the world. Just think the Iraqis would pick their top 15 leaders and the United States would have picked ours. They would then compete in 9 events and each week the team would vote off the weakest link. Then the remaining 6 on each team would compete in some sort of obstacle course to determine the winner. I also think there could be some trivia to shave off some of your time at the beginning. We could film it and it would also be a hit TV show. Can't you imagine Dick Cheney trying to backstab Colin Powell just so he could be there in the last round? I also could see Johnny Mosely as host telling Saddam Hussein that the Iraqis got a penalty for breaking the rules. Oh the fun.

It would be so much more entertaining and a lot less violent than our current system. I think that I am going to pitch it to that Bunim guy who came up with The Real World and Road Rules. If anyone can make it happen I think he could. Either that or we could start some sort of internet campaign to make it happen. Anyway, give me a shout or just say hi.