Friday, July 15, 2005

We're taking bets that it is question time again...

So Friday is here and questions are abound. I would like to be a little controversial with the first question and hear what people really think. Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion, so please don't attack people's opinions. The second question will be as fun as always. Please answer them in the comments section.

A. Many people think that smoking cigarettes is a disgusting habit. Others say it is a sad addiction that has been marketed to our youth as cool. What do you think about smoking? Don't hold back in your responses.

B. If you knew that every minute of the next 24 hours of your life would be recorded on camera, is there anything you would change about your habits? Would you do it for free if it gave you infinite fame or would you need to be paid to do it?

Answers:

A. I do think that smoking is a disgusting thing, but it is also something that is very addicting. Many people around the age of 30 were just starting to hear all of the bad things about smoking when they were kids. I think that is awful that kids today start smoking though the cigarette companies are now targeting the less informed urban areas. There just does not seem to be any redeeming qualities in it. What frustrates me is the fact that smokers seem to think it is okay to just throw their cigarettes anywhere they want. Out their car windows... on the grounds... into bubblers... That makes it even worse. Don't even get me started on how awful the smell is. I lived next door to a girl who wore a glove on her smoking hand because she didn't like the way it made her hand smell. The problem was her hand was the only thing that smelled nice because the rest of her smelled like a smoking ass. I feel very sorry for the people who have become addicted, but please try to quit. It will be better for you and better for everyone.

B. I would absolutely not change a thing. I would even do it for free. I mean my life is very boring, but I think it would be a fun time. I probably would sleep for 18 of the hours anyway. Riveting TV. They could call the show the GMAD Follies. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I think smoking is rancid and I think that anyone (about to be general, so please don't take anything personally people out there in reader land) these days who starts smoking is uninformed, ignorant, selfish, and uncaring to their bodies or other people. I absolutely hate the smell of it to the point where I started doing my laundry at the laundromat a few months ago because I was tired of my clothes smelling like my stepfather's smoke. I'm so glad that Massachusetts passed that no-smoking law because it's not right to force your disgusting health-risks on other people while they're trying to eat their dinner or dance with their friends. I think that most people (again, being general) who smoke are also slobs that don't care about their environment. They're ruining the condition of their home with the smoke stains/smell, they're ruining the beauty of the outdoors by throwing their "butts" everywhere. So disgusting. There are ashtrays everywhere... seriously, find one. You're as bad as the dolt who throws his candy wrapper on the ground at that point.

I will add to this that I have friends and family members who smoke, but I love them anyway. I just wish - for their own health - that they would quit.

2. I would (not that anyone wants to know this) not sleep nekkid and I would also make sure that my hair looked decent and actually put on makeup for a change. I would need money to do it, because it's (technically) exposing my private life to the world for their own exploits... and I have no desire for unending fame.

Anonymous said...

1. Smoking is definitely disgusting and unhealthy. But I don't think people aren't aware of that stuff. Smoking is a stress relief (sure, it's mostly psychological), but I'm usually careful as to where I drop my butts. Yeah, in some places ash trays are "everywhere," as Danielle said, but in states like MA (which are getting more and more unfriendly towards smokers), they aren't quite as everywhere as we would like them.

I don't know what to say about the addiction part. I'm not addicted so I don't have the best comments... other that I know it's a possibility to be careful of.

And, yeah, Danielle had some harsh words, and I can't disagree on a lot. But there's worse things that I do to my body (or not do, like excercise and eat healthy), so I don't worry too much about the cigarrettes. However, I totally understand people's lack of interest in being surrounded by smoke, so I choose my spots carefully. Don't dismiss all smokers just cuz a few happen to be disgusting and inconsiderate people (it probably has nothing to do with the smoking part, and more to do with the actual person).

2. I'd love "Rob's Reality" show. I'm pitching it as we speak. Well, not really. It'd be pretty boring. I'd probably try to be in a better mood than I usually am, and probably ham it up for the camera a bit and try to get laid. A lot. And for that, I'd do it for free, baby. =)

Liz said...

1. Smoking is bad. There is nothing good about it. I smoked in high school cuz my parents both smoked and cigarettes were readily accessible...but I quit when I saw someone with jaw cancer. I didn't differentiate that chew causes jaw cancer in most instances, not cigaretts. I was, thankfully, not addicted yet. If I had continued my entire life would be different.

The no-smoking law is good and I enjoy going out again. Having worked in a bar both prior to and after the law, I can say that not leaving smelling like a cigarette myself was most enjoyable!

2. I don't think I would let anyone record my life. Besides being rather boring, I enjoy my privacy and am not willing to share it.