Tuesday, July 05, 2005

We're taking bets that we may need to say good-bye to Today...

Everyone is always looking for the next great hope. Just about every year a fresh faced NBA rookie is dubbed the next Michael Jordan. George Steinbrenner just announced who his successor will be. For years the movie studios have been looking for the next Julia Roberts(my money is on Rachel McAdams). Well now it is happening to the beloved Katie Couric. People are speculating that Alexis Glick will take over for her once her contract is up with NBC. Now she definitely fits the bill as she is quite fetching(ya I said it), but it more of that girl next door beauty. She is definitely smart being a Wall Street genius, but no one can replace Katie. We are all our own individuals. I don't want someone to be the next Greg Madrid(99.9% of the world doesn't want that either) and you shouldn't want someone to become the next you. So stop looking for the next "insert celebrity here" and start getting a life.

3 comments:

Nai said...

My only concern with Alexis Glick is that it may open up the today show to her very annoying celebrity gossip hound uncle, Jiminy.

Liz said...

I used to like Katie Couric, but now she bothers me. I am not sure if it is the sticky sweet persona she protrays or if it is her poor interviewing skills, but she rubs me the wrong way. Let's hope that the most recent umpteen million dollar contract is her last.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »