Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We're taking bets that I am a target...

People who have known me over the last years know that I am a target of random acts of destruction. Mainly this has occurred to my cars, but there has been other stuff as well. It goes all the way back to when I was a wee youth at Western New England College. I was in charge of the softball marathon and my backpack was stolen and burned to a crisp with all of my notebooks in it. Granted I didn't take great notes, but I took some.

This morning when I went to my car I noticed something on the ground near the back of my car. I looked up and noticed my rear window was smashed. Now this is the first Random Act of Destruction to my Jeep. The Daewoo(Woo for short) had two such incidents. A window was smashed out when I was at AIC and someone had done Riverdance on my roof while I was at UMass Lowell. Both of those could be explained due to the fact that I was working at colleges and a disciplinarian. There was also a good chance that people were drunk when it happened. Luckily my bosses at the time were very generous and paid my deductibles.

This time I am living in Springfield and there is no reimbursement. So $346.50 later I have a fixed window and no one to blame but life. Sometimes life does suck. I know that it is worse for many others but don't you just wish that normal people could catch a small break once in a while?

1 comment:

P McT said...

Are you tring to imply that you're normal??!!
That does totally suck though!