Friday, September 24, 2004

We're taking bets that Billy the Kid is dead...

So in case anyone was wondering the case of Billy the Kid was finally closed. Now many of you may be wondering, "didn't he die in 1881?" Well the answer now is officially yes. Three sheriffs in New Mexico wanted to find out if Billy the Kid was officially killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett or if he eluded him using a move that porpoises against sharks. (That joke stolen from Dane Cook.

Now I know that the government wastes money. We send billion dollars mini-Range Rovers to Mars; they crash land and no one really bats an eye. Do we have to spend a ton of money exhuming a guy who definitely is dead? I know that he may not have died by the hands of Pat Garrett, but doesn' t that make him more interesting? Not everyone of us will become a legend or a mythical figure. Though I do think that the Legend of Greg Madrid would be a real cool thing I am pretty sure it is not going to happen. Maybe if I can get my best friend Ian to pull a Thelma and Louise with me it would happen. (No I would not sleep with Brad Pitt, but Ian might.) :) I could get a cool name like Greg the Gentle. I could be referred to as just "The Gentle". I am on a tangent though; let me get back on track.

The sheriffs ultimately want to get Billy a posthumous pardon by the governor. The Kid's lawyers think that digging him up would help their case. Yes a dead guy has a lawyer that was appointed by the State. Do you really think that he's got a shot of getting good representation or will they plea bargain him out to time served?

So you can see the ridiculousness. I understand having a passion for something but how about the living or the recently dead. At least from the last 30 years. I think enough time has passed to say that the 19th Century is officially over. Though I really think "The War of 1812" was a hoax put on by the media. Let me call my lawyer to find out if we can sue someone.

3 comments:

Nai said...

You want a name like Greg the Gentle, and and you think I am looking to sleep with Brad Pitt? Only if Jennifer Aniston was a part of the scenario! ;)

GMadrid said...

I think that might be creepier.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »