Wednesday, October 20, 2004

We're taking bets that chaos is fun...

So the Red Sox won yet again!!! Yes I did get to see it this time. :) Then I had to deal with 20 Lowell Police Officers, 5 UMass Lowell Police Officers and 4 fire Trucks with tons of Firemen. You might ask me why this occurred. Well people decided it would be fun to pull fire alarms in two of our buildings. I don't really want to talk about that stupidity though.

I want to talk about how I think that I actually have fun during the chaos that has been going on lately. It has been relatively controlled from my standards. Most people who don't do this job would probably think it is crazy, but it is not really. It makes life so much more fun. How often do you get an angry police officer to say, "I don't know where you basement is!"? Which is perhaps one of the funniest responses to this statement - "Officer I have a real fire alarm going off in my buildings basement."

My comfortability with chaos must come with the fact that I laugh at life so often who really cares that chaos is going on. I salute everyone in Fox Hall and at UML that have made all of our chaos go smoothly. Special shoutout to Jon aka Vic aka ARD Ops Extraordinaire who loves the chaos with me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Chaos in the world brings uneasiness, but it also allows the opportunity for creativity and growth."
-Tom Barrett

And as Jimi-Luv showed during the last pipe burst by trying to tie off the pipe with his SOCKS (and damned near suceeding!!) you can get REAALLLLYYY creative with some of the great Chaos we've got here haha..

-Matt D.

Anonymous said...

Long live controlled Chaos...If that makes sense. Perhaps I like the paradox as well?

- Vic, not Jon.