Friday, October 08, 2004

We're taking bets that rewards don't always fit the deed...

7 kids from New Jersey found $20,000 worth of New York Yankees Playoff Tickets and turned them in last week. As a reward for their good deed they were given by the Yankees a ticket to a regular season game (after the Yankees already clinched the playoffs) and by Wachovia Bank (who lost the tickets) some New Jersey Nets tickets. They were also honored by their hometown. Now I understand that all good deeds don't get rewarded, but I don't quite think they were close to rewarded enough.

Mr. Money Bags George Steinbrenner said, "It's a real tribute to their honesty and total integrity." Exactly and the richest team in baseball could not find these guys tickets for them and their parents in the last row of the stadium for a playoff game. I am not quite sure that I as a 12 year old would have been able to turn them in. I know if they were Red Sox tickets that I never would have turned them in. To be quite honest I was more impressed by what the town did than the EVIL EMPIRE. That is why they are called an EVIL EMPIRE. When they have an opportunity to look like a Saints they end up looking like rich misers who really didn't appreciate what these boys did. On top of all of that they decided to punish them by giving them New Jersey Nets tickets. ICK!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have learned to respect the New Englander obsession with sports, it still confuses me, but I respect it. It serves as a means for people to bond and throw beer, whatever makes you happy! However this right here is a little ridiculous, what exactly should these boys have gotten for turning the tickets in!!?? They were thanked and commended, I think thats enough. I believe the problem is that everyone in New England feels the Yankees owe something to everyone cause they are a good baseball team. All these team owners are the same, rich white dudes that are gonna hold on to their money as long as they can, I don't think the Red Sox owners would have done anything different! Also if they didn't turn them in and tried to used them or sell them they would have gotten caught(its very easy to void out tickets and print new ones), then I be the arguement would have been, Oh come on the Yankees can't afford to lose $20,000, they can't win for trying with you people! For goodness sake, you Red Sox are doing well FINALLY, if you keep praying they don't choke AGAIN and stop having such ill will against New York and New Yorkers they may have a chance at winning!! I don't even like baseball, I just think ya'll new englanders are bit crazy with this Evil Empire, Yankees Suck, lets over turn cars cause the baseball players are finally good at doing what they get paid millions to do mentality! Yes its a great passtime, it brings people together, fathers enjoy it with their sons...but why does it have to be so ugly all the time! Yes...its PMcT and I support this comment!

GMadrid said...

Yeah because they are kids. It won't be until they are older that they realize they got the shaft. :)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! The bank of tokyo mitsubishi ltd answering service Mercedes benz tires San antonio diet pills Credit card issues percocet Hydrocodone vs tramadol watch me shine joanna pacitti Microsoft education and certification seminar Verizon cell phone no contract 2 channel ir headphones Car leather polish moving company http://www.order-meridia.info bontril Interview questions senior financial advisor buy levitra